Single mom after school care and living expenses

State and local government assistance programs.
Olivia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom after school care and living expenses

Post by Olivia »

Hi, I live in Bowie County in the LE area of Texarkana. I left an abusive relationship in November of 2014 and have been trying my best to make ends meet. I have two children who are ages 18 girl and 12 boy. I have not been getting any state aid and am just now getting child support set up in the courts. Child support will only be for my boy my girl gets SSI and most of that goes to her clothes, school and food she likes to eat and for things she likes to do with her friends.
I work in the floor business as a floor installer. Some weeks I make good money and we can get by but in the last 5 or 6 weeks we aren't even getting by. My rent is 250.00 behind and my electric is now past due and I have to pay for someone to watch my 7 year old on weekends when his sister is not home and after school sometimes and this is costing me anywhere from 35.00-75.00 a week and is still cheaper than daycare. I have to buy as much as my check lets me on food. Sometimes nothing like the last two weeks but a friend of mine gave me 100.00 last week to get some food. I also have to buy gas for my vehicle and all our personal needs. Not looking for a lot just a little help. I have already applied for some loans but so not qualify. PLEASE HELP SINGLE MOM....
Alcatraz

Re: Single mom after school care and living expenses

Post by Alcatraz »

Hi,
My daughters are going to be going to school Elementary School this year. My oldest daughter went to the school last year.
We were going to be moving to Texarkana two weeks ago, but I was offered another job in the DFW area and we were able to stay. This has caused us major hardships, as I have had to pay for an apartment that I couldn't afford and pay for day care services for my girls. My grandmother was going to help me with my girls so I wouldn't have to pay daycare, but she said she just doesn't have the energy to care for them every day. I really need help paying for daycare or my rent for August.
I do have my girls signed up for after school care, and will have to pay 320 for them start, and for them to be taken care of for the weeks in August when there is no school I will have to pay 555.
I am a single mom, and my rent is 827 and I am about to pay my car payment which is 485 and my insurance which is 140 for my car and 188 for my health insurance for this month.
Please let me know if anyone can help me with after school care. I am really needing it.
Also do you know of anyone that can keep my children until 630-645 Monday through Friday because I don't get off work until 6 and it takes a little bit to get to the school?
I am looking around to get a cheaper apartment but they aren't available until September and will need to pay a month of rent and half a month of rent to break the lease with no extra charges.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single mom after school care and living expenses

Post by Admin »

We can't help you with after school care. But there is a government service you can use to locate affordable day care.
They may ask for your details to see if you qualify for a free or income based subsidy. As maybe that will help you and your kids too. Also, use the referral service to find the apartment you need too.
Alcatraz wrote:Hi,
My daughters are going to be going to school Elementary School this year. My oldest daughter went to the school last year.
Please let me know if anyone can help me with after school care. I am really needing it.
Also do you know of anyone that can keep my children until 630-645 Monday through Friday because I don't get off work until 6 and it takes a little bit to get to the school?
I am looking around to get a cheaper apartment but they aren't available until September and will need to pay a month of rent and half a month of rent to break the lease with no extra charges.