Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
lshelleyf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance

Post by lshelleyf »

I just graduated from college and Im ready to move out on my own and I have a good steady job and I make good money but it seems like what Im making is not enough to live in Connecticut and I dont want to leave this state. I just need some type of assistance so that I can stay here but not struggle if I am able to find my own place.
helper

Re: Assistance

Post by helper »

Hi. CT just has a flat out high cost of living. I live in the New England area so know first hand. Not sure what specifically you need help with, but if it is just genenral cost of living, not much you can do about that except leave. Let me know if anything specifically you need help with.
Thomas2
anti spam: Blue

Post by Thomas2 »

I have just relocated to Charlotte and have been on a serious job search. I have been staying with a friend of mine that owns her own home. She has children that had moved out and got their own apartment which left room for me. Now they children no longer have the apartment and are coming home and I will need a new place to stay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cambridge1

Post by Cambridge1 »

I am trying to find any place that can aid financially. We just moved to Sevierville TN from Johnson City TN and have no funds until our paychecks begin. If anyone has any ideas of where we may be able to get help please get back to me. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many agencies to call in Charlotte North Carolina for help. They should be able to assign you a case worker to find more permanent apartment or home in Mecklenburg County. Also for the job search, look into your local one stop job center in North Carolina. As most agencies may not help you with rent or housing unless you are on a path to self-sufficiency. Get more details on Charlotte and Mecklenburg assistance.
Spinella

Post by Spinella »

I found your contact information while using Google search while I was looking up ways to get help with paying my bills. I'm a single mother. I have 2 boys and one lives with me and one lives with his father. I work part time at minimum wage job and my hours vary each week from 10-22 sometimes less and sometimes more.
I rent an apartment for $525 a month and since my hours change consistently I'm always late paying rent and I can only pay part of rent with each check. My electric bill has been at comfort level since last June at $48 per month and even that's getting harder to afford. I don't drive so I do have to pay for a monthly bus pass to get to work and do job search. I don't know how much longer my landlord will keep allowing me to pay rent like this and I don't want me and my 5 year old son to be homeless we have no one to stay with or to help us.
I was hoping by contacting you, you would be able to send me the application for homelessness prevention and also for the rapid re-housing program so we can get help to find more stable and affordable housing or even help to keep the apartment we have. I would also like a list of resources to get help paying my electric bill too. I do not have good credit. In fact I'm in the middle of paying payments on my bankruptcy too. I do hope to hear from you soon and hope that you can help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, we do show up in Google. We can't send you applications, as there is not just one agency or program. There are thousands of agencies to try, and you need to call to see if they have funds or if you qualify. But if you do want help, you will probably need to show more work effort than as little as 10 hours a week. You need a plan to break that cycle. But as far as right now, we do have information on programs for bills and more at the main site, which is http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/
Pink

Post by Pink »

I need my rent & electricity Bill paid by tomorrow. Facing eviction, and we need assistance. I am 38 with 2 sickly children & power being disconnected in which I'm on oxygen & CPAP machine at night. Plus both my kids have to be on a nebulizer machine due to asthma & my daughter also have Lupus along 37th other medical problems as well as myself.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are sick and/or elderly, there may be some laws to protect you from a shut off. Or if not laws, then regulations are available in each and every state. Also, if everyone is sick, you should apply for disability and find a home to live in. As disability will never take care of all of those costs. Here are details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nnect.html
Pink wrote:I need my rent & electricity Bill paid by tomorrow. Facing eviction, and we need assistance. I am 38 with 2 sickly children & power being disconnected in which I'm on oxygen & CPAP machine at night. Plus both my kids have to be on a nebulizer machine due to asthma & my daughter also have Lupus along 37th other medical problems as well as myself.
Ajai

Post by Ajai »

I would like information on rental assistance and heating bill assistance in Tacoma, Washington. After my daughter's father evicted us from his home a year ago, I have had fairly steady work as a residential house painter. I'm a Realtor as well but have never pursued that as a career because I don't have the resources to "float" while I wait for a commission check. I recently broke my arm, and while I have done small jobs with my cast on, nothing substantial. I do receive child support for my daughter but it doesn't cover our housing costs. I would so appreciate any help that anyone can offer. I prefer to work and have been sending resumes almost every day as well as applying for jobs in person. I'm 55 years old so maybe that is a deterrent to getting hired.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you for working post eviction from father's house. Any FMLA with broken arm? The Tacoma Salvation Army can help you navigate your options for assistance, employment, and more.
Ajai wrote:I would like information on rental assistance and heating bill assistance in Tacoma, Washington. After my daughter's father evicted us from his home a year ago, I have had fairly steady work as a residential house painter. I'm a Realtor as well but have never pursued that as a career because I don't have the resources to "float" while I wait for a commission check. I recently broke my arm, and while I have done small jobs with my cast on, nothing substantial. I do receive child support for my daughter but it doesn't cover our housing costs. I would so appreciate any help that anyone can offer. I prefer to work and have been sending resumes almost every day as well as applying for jobs in person. I'm 55 years old so maybe that is a deterrent to getting hired.