Gifts for my kid as out of work

State and local government assistance programs.
Sanchez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Gifts for my kid as out of work

Post by Sanchez »

Hello,
We are a family of 3, 2 adults and 1 child age 8. I am currently working but I am 2 months behind on my rent which is $1050.00 per month. I have been at my job for about 6 months and when I started I was already behind on bills. I've been trying to catch up and was getting there until my work hours became less because it has just been slow at work lately. I'm hoping that the hours will pick up soon but in mean time I'm falling behind and I'm scared I won't be able to catch up if I get too far behind. My landlord has been patient but I Don’t think he will be for much longer. He would like me to be caught up on rent by the fifth of this month but I Don’t see it happening. I understand I am asking for a lot but even a little would help because my landlord would at least see I'm trying. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for me. It would be deeply appreciated.
Also I would like to sign up for the Christmas angel program so my child can have a decent Christmas this year. Please send me any info on what I need to do to sign up.
Please let me know if you can help me. I live in Santa Cruz. I've been in my place for almost 4 years now and I'm just having some hard times. Please call me or email me and let me know if help is available for me. Thank you and God bless.
M Wynne

Re: Gifts for my kid as out of work

Post by M Wynne »

I have a disability and my fiancé is on Workers Compensation and is getting surgical procedure on his back in March. I was denied disability and I am appealing my case.
I have a 14 year old son who is currently a freshman in High school. We applied for state assistance for the SNAP program as we are out of work. Our rent is more then our household income and I am extremely worried that we will be evicted if we cannot pay our rent on time. I’m going to local food pantries for birthday and just this past Christmas gifts so my Family is fed until my food assistance comes through. Are there any programs available to help pay our rent so we don't get evicted?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gifts for my kid as out of work

Post by Admin »

Try one of the local Salvation Army centers in Springfield for both the gifts as well as the financial aid. They are often effective at providing advice and maybe even a few bucks for those bills. Ask them to get on the upcoming Christmas gift program(s) too. More info is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... y_*.html