Finding food in New Jersey

State and local government assistance programs.
Sheena
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Finding food in New Jersey

Post by Sheena »

I am currently unemployed due to being ill so often and now my home, my children and I are in need. I also have a spouse and he is unable to find work at this time as well in the tough New Jersey market. Currently we are 2 months behind on everything you name it, from mortgage to all utilities and now no food. I am at a lost at what to do at this moment.
I am reaching out because I don't want to lose my house and have my children go without. I have never been in this type of situation before. I try to reach out to friends and family but no one is able to help at this time and I sometimes feel like a burden to continually ask them for help. I am a faithful believer in GOD and all I have right now is faith that we will come out of this but things look a little gloomy.
I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and finding organizations and things look slim to none. I am praying for a miracle while trying to hold on for the sake of my family. If you are able to help or know of any information that would be beneficial would be great. I am just a mom trying to take care of her family.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finding food in New Jersey

Post by Admin »

It seems confusing. Are you seeking food in New Jersey or somewhere else? Anyway, if you have no groceries in your home, use a pantry. Those can provide free items, which will then free up your income to pay for those other bills, such as a mortgage or even job placement. The pantries can even find enough food for your family too, and locate emergency food pantries in New Jersey.
DuhDuh

Post by DuhDuh »

Good morning! I'm sending this email to say thank you for the work you do in the community and I appreciate how you let your kindness and generosity reach out to help others. However, the people who are left in control of the pantries should be changed after a while. I don't know how many years they have been working there, but they lack compassion for people and at times are very nasty.
The one in particular I've had this experience at is St. PAUL DE VINCINT in Burlington City, NJ. They turn more people away then they help with finding food in New Jersey. Please look into this matter because I'm sure there are people in the community who really need the help and are unable to get it....thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

St. Paul is only one of the food pantries in Burlington. Sadly any charity or church can turn anyone away. No one is entitled to aid. But try the other Burlington County NJ food pantries, as there may be others for help as well.
DuhDuh wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:08 am The one in particular I've had this experience at is St. PAUL DE VINCINT in Burlington City, NJ. They turn more people away then they help with finding food in New Jersey. Please look into this matter because I'm sure there are people in the community who really need the help and are unable to get it....thanks!