Older single woman needing help

State and local government assistance programs.
Molly Ring
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Older single woman needing help

Post by Molly Ring »

I am employed. I work three 24 hour shifts for an adult family home. I take care of all the needs for six senior citizens. I have been off work since May 1 due to diverticulitis. This is the second flare up in 13 years, and do not for see another problem with it in the near future. I was able to meet all of the outbid pocket monies due for medicine and bs CT scan, as well as three Dr. Appointment copays. I am scheduled to resume my shifts in December 2015.
I had food in the house, so that has not been an issue. I only live five miles from work and nine from the Dr. so gas hasn't been an issue. I just received approval for my power bill of 173.00 from the energy assistance program in the form of a one-time grant. The only bill I need help with desperately is my rent. I owe 800.00 that was due October 1st, with a 5/day late charge from the 6th. December rent is due to.
I am a 55 year old single woman. I live in a 560 square foot house. I have been here four years and really like where I am. When I looked at apartments or Duplex rentals. While they were larger, so was the rent. I plan to work until 66 years (full retirement age). If there is a way for you to assist me in this very stressful matter it would be greatly appreciated. I would even be able to pay back the amount with a monthly payment. I'm not looking for a hand out, just for someone to give me a little bit of bit of help. Thank you for your consideration.
Mr. Aperghis

Re: Older single woman needing help

Post by Mr. Aperghis »

My job close down May 17, 2016, and being an older woman I was fired earlier than others. I been looking for another job but have no luck with it. I getting unemployment but its only $213 a week. My rent is $775 a month. I have a three year old daughter and I a single mom. It been so tough these past two months to try pay all my bills with only $852 when my rent is $775, light bill $114 and etc. I just need a little assistance for now while I not working. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Older single woman needing help

Post by Admin »

Try some of the state programs in Colorado. There is a list of them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Some may help with your bills, and others may help you find a new job...even as an older adult.
Mr. Aperghis wrote:My job close down May 17, 2016, and being an older woman I was fired earlier than others. I been looking for another job but have no luck with it. I getting unemployment but its only $213 a week. My rent is $775 a month. I have a three year old daughter and I a single mom. It been so tough these past two months to try pay all my bills with only $852 when my rent is $775, light bill $114 and etc. I just need a little assistance for now while I not working. Thank You.