Upcoming job loss

State and local government assistance programs.
Beard
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Upcoming job loss

Post by Beard »

I'm losing my job October 31st, 2015. My electricity bill was due the 26 of August and Rent was due on the 1st and I have yet to be able to pay either due to car repair in order to get back and forth to work and not receiving a full 40 hours some weeks. I've fallen behind and need a little help but don't know where to turn.
This is all new to me and I'm beyond embarrassed to know I can't fully provide for my family at the moment. I have to do what must be done because I have a 13 month old daughter and I can't afford to have my electricity shut off let alone evicted from our only place to stay. Please help and guide me in the right direction because at this point I didn't want to admit it but I'm lost and don't know what else to do or where to turn. Thank you.
Farrel Givens

Re: Upcoming job loss

Post by Farrel Givens »

I'm in need of help with paying my rent this month. Am a 68 year old retiree, and my spouse is about to loss her job. I went to Sacramento over the weekend to visit my daughter, while I was there someone stole my money intended for rent and food as well as PGE.
My most important is rent. PGE can get paid 2 months next month. I don’t know what to do. I believe it was my grandsons girlfriend but have no proof. I live on my retirement and pension, and my spouse until the salary is cut in the upcoming weeks. I can make monthly payments to pay back. I have lived here for 7 years; Thank you if you can be of help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming job loss

Post by Admin »

There are many charities and government programs to try in Sacramento. Find them here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
Also call PGE to inquire into payment plans. Also call the police to report the theft...unfortunately there is a lot of crime out there and no one is really ever safe.
Farrel Givens wrote:I'm in need of help with paying my rent this month. Am a 68 year old retiree, and my spouse is about to loss her job. I went to Sacramento over the weekend to visit my daughter, while I was there someone stole my money intended for rent and food as well as PGE.