State of Georgia Assistance Programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Aaron1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: State of Georgia Assistance Programs

Post by Aaron1 »

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some assistance with food, electric bill and rent. I worked a commission job and not able to barely eat or survive. I just relocated back to GA 6 months and living in my car until last month. I now have own apartment and car but not able to buy food. I live in Clarkston GA. Can you assist me please?
Hook Paw

Post by Hook Paw »

Hello, I am a 24 year old single mother to a four year old little boy named. I Have a bi weekly income of $200. We have recently moved in to our own apartment and based on income my rent is $31 per week. I have paid it in full already this month, I went to Georgia Power and paid my light Friday the amount of $44.
I was so excited this was my first time paying my own bill as I have lived with my grandparents since I was 17. Well I come home Friday afternoon and my lights are off. I called Georgia power and they said my name was added to an account two or three years back to an address I have never been at.
I've never had my own light until now and they said that there's nothing they can do about it as this happens sometimes and my light are terminated until I can pay the balance of $495. I have no idea what to do and I am asking for your help please. I have no idea what to do. I am so lost in this situation. I have no money right now after rent $31, the $44 on the lights, Christmas and his Birthday. I have mentally broken down and am trying to find help in anyway possible. Please Help Me!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have multiple needs (but a focus in the bills owed to Georgia Power) try a non-profit community action agency. Then ask them about LIHEAP for those energy bills. But if you income is $200 every 2 weeks, you are in some serious trouble. You need to increase the income, get a job (and there are plenty in Georgia) and take drastic action. Live with a roommate/friends/family too. Good luck.
Hook Paw wrote:Hello, I am a 24 year old single mother to a four year old little boy named. I Have a bi weekly income of $200. We have recently moved in to our own apartment and based on income my rent is $31 per week. I have paid it in full already this month, I went to Georgia Power and paid my light Friday the amount of $44.
I was so excited this was my first time paying my own bill as I have lived with my grandparents since I was 17. Well I come home Friday afternoon and my lights are off. I called Georgia power and they said my name was added to an account two or three years back to an address I have never been at.
I've never had my own light until now and they said that there's nothing they can do about it as this happens sometimes and my light are terminated until I can pay the balance of $495. I have no idea what to do and I am asking for your help please. I have no idea what to do. I am so lost in this situation. I have no money right now after rent $31, the $44 on the lights, Christmas and his Birthday. I have mentally broken down and am trying to find help in anyway possible. Please Help Me!!!
coffeemate

Post by coffeemate »

I am unemployed been trying to find a job. I have gotten nowhere. I live in an apartment in Hiram GA with my son who is 27 and disabled from a brain tumor previously. We are trying our best but I can't seem to find a job. I need to know where I can get help with food and paying rent. Please let me know something. I feel like I am going crazy. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are agencies that cover Lincoln Georgia and the eastern part of the state. But that is some list of needs. Keep trying to work with Georgia power as your pursue other options as well, such as Medicaid which can take time. The list of programs is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
As far as transportation, as an employment or community action agency in your town. Some have car programs, or can tell you where to get some low cost loans....if your credit justifies it.
Bernard1 wrote: I have applied for assistance through my local family connections office in Lincoln GA and they have stated that project share has approved a payment of my electric bill.
BPMigas

Post by BPMigas »

Hi, I'm moving to Blairsville, GA and would like any information on programs that could help me with my rent, utility, and heating costs. I am a disabled person on social security that has a limited income. I walk with a cane and sometimes require a wheelchair. I also require an assistance dog and sometimes need an aide. Thank you so much for your help.
I's easier for me to talk on the phone and write information down than get internet access on my phone right now. Thank you again. God bless.
Sincerely,
BicycleRider

Post by BicycleRider »

Hello, I need help with my gas, electric, and rent. I have recently been diagnosed with depression and I feel behind in all my bills and I don't have any family or friends to help me. I have 2 daughters 4 and 8. I just wanted assistance to get back on my feet and help to learn how to maintain on my own as a single mother.
My address is Mableton GA 30126.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need gas, electric, and rent help, that is a lot. There are charities in your region. Try the financial assistance programs in Cobb County for support. There are tons of them available. But your income may be too high for cash aid in Georgia.
BicycleRider wrote:My address is Mableton GA 30126.
Bamafan

Post by Bamafan »

Hello, I'm in need of assistance with my light bills as well as rent. I'm here in Griffin, GA where there is barley if any assistants. I'm currently looking for job nearby unfortunately, there is only positions that are an hour to two hours away. I attempt to contact my local church, they have no funds at the moment. Please help!
If it was only for one time, I actually haven't had assistants but one time in my life, Ever since I've lost my job things has been very hard. Especially here in Spalding County where their NO assistance. I do appreciate the time you took to read this. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have tons of programs for Spalding Georgia and the central part of the state. They are located here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
You have more than just a church to try. Also try a job center for employment needs.
Bamafan wrote:Hello, I'm in need of assistance with my light bills as well as rent. I'm here in Griffin, GA where there is barley if any assistants. I'm currently looking for job nearby unfortunately, there is only positions that are an hour to two hours away. I attempt to contact my local church, they have no funds at the moment. Please help!
If it was only for one time, I actually haven't had assistants but one time in my life, Ever since I've lost my job things has been very hard. Especially here in Spalding County where their NO assistance. I do appreciate the time you took to read this. Thank you.
Butter

Post by Butter »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
MY FAMILY AND I ARE IN NEED OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WITH SECURITY DEPOSIT AND ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR FOOD. RIGHT NOW, WE'RE IN AN EXTENDED STAY IN CHAMBLEE, GA UNTIL SATURDAY AND THEN WE DON'T HAVE AND KNOW WHERE WE WILL BE. WE'RE APPLYING FOR A HOUSE IN STONE MOUNTAIN BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE FINANCIAL APPLICATION FEE NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS. CAN YOU HELP US. OUR MONEY IS DEPLETED AND CHECKING ACCOUNT IN OVERDRAWN 900.00 AND WHEN OUR PENSIONS ARE DEPOSITED ON APRIL 31ST WE WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO MAKE OR HAVE TOWARDS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT. WE PRAY THAT YOU CAN HELP US AND YOU CAN CONTACT ME.
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.
Colby

Post by Colby »

I live at Stone Mountain, Georgia. I have been borrowing money to buy Food, and pay my utility bills. I am on disability and finding it very hard to take care of myself. Everything is so expensive. I am trying hard to live without all the worries of paying for simple cost of living expenses. If I didn't have so many medical expenses, and I could get assistance with my utility bills, I feel that I could make it. Thanking you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Machelle F

Post by Machelle F »

Hello, my name is Tiffany Davis and I now live in Georgia and need assistance. I am trying to find help for myself and my 3 kids. I know you probably have a lot of people every day asking out for help. I am just desperate & I’m trying to figure out what I am going to do. My kids and I are currently living at my mom’s house, but my mom said we can’t stay with her anymore. That we have to get out because it’s causing her issues having us there. We are from New York and have no one here in Georgia.
So, we will literally be on the streets or in a Hotel that I can’t afford, I’ve called around and they are all expensive for weekly rates. Before I moved in with my mom I was living with my kids and their father, but I left him because the relationship was abusive and unhealthy. Living at my mom’s has not been much better, there is a lot of screaming and cussing every day, and my kids are upset every day. I am just asking for help getting into a house/apartment. After that I can pay myself. I have two jobs currently. I work at wild crab in Hiram Georgia and Ruby Tuesday in Dallas Georgia . I have been with wild crab for only one month, but I have been with Ruby Tuesday for 5 in a half year. I have proof of income, ID and Social Security, and proof of government benefits. But I don’t have a birth certificate for my youngest, it got lost after moving so much and what not. But I have his social security card, and I have the rest of my kids because and ss cards. I also don’t have bank statements because my ex and I shared a bank account, but I use a prepaid account through H&R Block for my direct deposit. I am about to get a bank account as soon as I can. I am praying every day that someone will help us, I’ve asked so many places & I don’t know what else to do. I’m scared we will end up in my car. If you can help or have any information that will help me please email me back or call me. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

=The Salvation Army has shelters in Georgia. As well as transitional housing programs, including for mons with kids. Now can they house all 3 kids? We have no idea. But ask. Or heck, ask your mom for a little more time then TAKE ACTION and do something. In the meantime, find housing help in GA from the Salvation Army.
Machelle F wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am Hello, my name is Tiffany Davis and I now live in Georgia and need assistance. I am trying to find help for myself and my 3 kids. I know you probably have a lot of people every day asking out for help. I am just desperate & I’m trying to figure out what I am going to do. My kids and I are currently living at my mom’s house, but my mom said we can’t stay with her anymore. That we have to get out because it’s causing her issues having us there. We are from New York and have no one here in Georgia.
Chris Klein

Post by Chris Klein »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Melissa Gonzalez I am a current resident in Gwinnett County Georgia. I have three children. I am currently going through a financial hardship and seeking utility assistance and mortgage assistance if possible as well. I would like to make an appointment with the partnership for community action but I have not been successful with doing so. I have tried to contact the phone number I found online for them and have tried calling several times but haven’t had any luck getting anyone on the phone. If you have any other ways to contact them or any further information that may possibly any help to me and my situation at their time will be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time and help. Have a blessed day!