Facing government benefit cuts

State and local government assistance programs.
Mike R
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing government benefit cuts

Post by Mike R »

I am a disabled widowed mother of three kids. My LINK benefits were cut so I got behind on mortgage and water bills to feed my children. I cannot find any help in Matteson Illinois. I'm on SSI and get one statement a year so none of the agencies are helping with the funding’s cuts well so I am trying to find help before we are forced to live in the car. My village makes you leave a house with no water. Thank You in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Facing government benefit cuts

Post by Admin »

There are some resources in Matteson and Cook County Illinois. Try them for food (which will free up your LINK for other bills). Also look into payment plans for the water and mortgage, as those may provide you time to get back on your feet. But you will need a job. Can't your kids work part-time? How old are they. But here are some resources to try. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Mike R wrote:I am a disabled widowed mother of three kids. My LINK benefits were cut so I got behind on mortgage and water bills to feed my children. I cannot find any help in Matteson Illinois. I'm on SSI and get one statement a year so none of the agencies are helping with the funding’s cuts well so I am trying to find help before we are forced to live in the car. My village makes you leave a house with no water. Thank You in advance.
Sonyradas

Post by Sonyradas »

Hi, my name is Lucia, I'm from Alton Iowa. I'm 23 years old I have a son who is in prekindergarten he will be 5 in December! I recently got married February 27, 2017. And we are expecting a new member he will be born November 27 this month, but we just had our government benefits reduced.

We are very thankful and very happy to have our family of our own! Unfortunately, we have been struggling financially and it has cause my husband and I to become very tired and stressful. I recently have been feeling like it's all my fault which I understand it is. My husband tells me we are going to get through this and to not give up. But I am becoming very impatient and very exhausted of the struggles. Before I met my husband, and back when I was in high school I hung around the wrong people and did a lot of immature things just to get excepted. I ended up getting pregnant my senior year after that I decided to get a job and I was working and going to school at the same time. I worked there for almost a year, and could have my son before I graduated!
I decided to quit my job for a while and stay home and take care of my son until I figured out a good schedule. I decided to try work things out with his biological father and left my mother house to live with him, but then after I quit my government benefits were cut. It ended up not working out and I was back with my mother. I was depressed and getting out of control everything felt like it was too much I almost felt as if I was losing my mind. I even began to abandon my priorities and sort of started to give up on everything and started going out with friends that I shouldn't of. I figured out the hard way and got in trouble with the law I was caught drinking and driving without a license in 2014 I believe, and it was and still is the biggest mistake I've ever made!
I am still paying for Those consequences. After my incident I was put down and felt as if no one was by my side. I tried to push myself to get a job and depend on others to get me to work and back and it would only work out for a short amount of time and I would eventually lose my employment. It went for years I would say about 3 and I just started losing hope and did not care anymore. And just wanted to be left alone. I prayed that one day I could do it and gain strength and be able to financially support my son. But to realize throughout the years I've had a bunch of medical bills adding up from my son and I thinking I had insurance, but I did not.
I owe at least 6-7,000 in hospital bills which is now affecting my chances with having good credit. Used to owe 2-3,000 in tickets which my husband has helped lowered to a 1,400 I have not been able to get my license until my tickets are paid off. I tried to go to school to get a degree online, but it seemed that online was hard then I though. And since I stopped going to school I owe at least 3-4,000. Also, my husband came here from Mexico on a visitor passport and was supposed to leave back to Mexico in July of last year. And we have been trying to save money to help with getting a work permit, so he can still be a part of our son and our new arrival son who is yet to come and be a husband he promised to be.
And with that our lawyer is asking at least 2-3,000 to get the process going. I am not working unfortunately, I live off my son’s child support and food stamps for my son and me. My husband cannot work because he is not able to be taxed, but he has some friends that offer him to do side jobs and they offer transportation and he only makes enough to pay rent, tickets, and bills. Combine that with the government benefit it has been enough.
Sometimes we can't even get rent paid until the end of the month and rent is due the 1st of the month. And now that winter is near I'm afraid my husband won't have a whole lot of offers due to the weather. I wish it was easy to just get the money I need and pay everything I owe so I can get on my feet and start new! I've thought about bankruptcy, but it would take some saving to even be able to do so. I need help! I have no idea what to do! 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are things to do when social security benefits are reduced, and we have a list of them on the site. it can be challenging time for you we are sure, especially if you have a new baby coming soon. We hope you get the help you need.

Sonyradas wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:06 am Hi, my name is Lucia, I'm from Alton Iowa. I'm 23 years old I have a son who is in prekindergarten he will be 5 in December! I recently got married February 27, 2017. And we are expecting a new member he will be born November 27 this month, but we just had our government benefits reduced.