Ex-felon trying to start a new life

State and local government assistance programs.
Piven
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Ex-felon trying to start a new life

Post by Piven »

Hi I am writing this because I am a 26 year old male who is an ex felon. I am now in a work release program in Waterbury CT. I am from Bridgeport, CT however I chose to go to Waterbury to start a new life.
I was under the assumption that there was help readily available for people like me who want to do the right thing. I am on my own my mother and father are deceased, I just started working however I don't have enough money to move into my own place and pay the necessary money to get utilities and furniture.
There was a program called ATR for people in my situation but it is no longer available. Every time I speak to other government funded program people they say I don't qualify because I don't have insurance and I am in a work release program however my time to leave is approaching as I am already past my parole date. I am very close to homelessness and I'm just looking for help. Please assist me or point me in the right direction. I have no one else to help me.
tiyoshi

Re: Ex-felon trying to start a new life

Post by tiyoshi »

Hello, I am needing a little help with paying my rent this week. I'm short $138.00 and it's due no later than 7/15/2017 before 9pm. I have a job and I will work tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much in tips I'll make by the time I get off.
I'm living in a motel and I have been since November 17, 2016. Because I can't find anything that I can rent because an ex-felon. But I did my time and it was a 2009 cash. So no one will give me even a chance to prove myself so that's why I'm living where I do right now. I've paid $6800 in rent alone since I've been living at this motel which is Eagle Inn in Gun Barrel City, TX.
I've been employed by Denny's for 5 years now. I have no vehicle neither so I walk to and from work 1.3 miles one way. So if someone could help in any way I would so appreciate it. Thank you very your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if a Henderson County Texas agency will help pay for motel rooms, you can apply. Since you have 5 years of living there, and seems to be a stable job at Denny's in Gun Barrel TX, that may help your application. So seek some support.
tiyoshi wrote:I've paid $6800 in rent alone since I've been living at this motel which is Eagle Inn in Gun Barrel City, TX.
I've been employed by Denny's for 5 years now. I have no vehicle neither so I walk to and from work 1.3 miles one way. So if someone could help in any way I would so appreciate it. Thank you very your time.
DunkinStarbucks

Post by DunkinStarbucks »

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and giving all those links. But I am really unsure which link would be able to help me best. I am a convicted felon with literally no money but with many job interviews next week so I will be employed by the end of the week. Is there a link you can direct me to that would help me with my very particular circumstances.
engine

Post by engine »

I need an apartment for me and my two year old daughter. I work 40 hours a week at a job I just started last week once I got out of prison. I have been homeless for the last five months but have been employed. I really desire to fully stable my family by having our own home. I am a felon with a past but I have taken Rent Well and I completed it in April 2015. I really need help getting our own place. Please help if you can and thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are transitional housing programs in San Bernardino County that may take felons. Find there here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... al_ho.html
They will be more flexible on past criminal records. But they will probably have strict rules, such as around curfews, cleaning, etc. But they can allow you to build a rental history.
engine wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 am I need an apartment for me and my two year old daughter. I work 40 hours a week at a job I just started last week once I got out of prison. I have been homeless for the last five months but have been employed. I really desire to fully stable my family by having our own home. I am a felon with a past but I have taken Rent Well and I completed it in April 2015. I really need help getting our own place. Please help if you can and thank you in advance.
Why

Post by Why »

My name is Matthew and I am a returning scholarship athlete, also a convicted felon, who was in the football program. I am a single father and I am 42 that has returned to college with disabilities due to my sport and I am currently in school at the university of NC.
I am struggling in every area of life. I am supporting my 14 year old daughter I am unable to physically continue my trade as a low voltage technician and I have gone through hell and back. I am in a bad spot looking for any kind of aid financially and to make a living.
I need help. I was a convicted felon that was over 10 years ago and I am on short term disability that has been continuing since September 2021. I have received a Pell grant and I am under Wyoming's disability support services. I have very limited options and can't work yet. I have been needing help for years and I am just hoping anyone can help me. I have a very tragic life and I am stuck in a hole I can't climb out of.
I am hopeful to keep searching for any help that could lead to an open door or an outlet for help. Please hear me out and help someone who has had a extremely hard past I have mental disorders. I am in grave need and grateful for anyone who has advice or can help me. Thanks for the consideration and the opportunity to briefly describe my situation.