State missed my benefit payment so now behind and need help

State and local government assistance programs.
TCBad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

State missed my benefit payment so now behind and need help

Post by TCBad »

I have made lists and went down them calling everyone that I could and I don't know what else to do. I am a 49 year old disabled woman. I have found a place that would be perfect for me in a downstairs apartment in a house. Its rent is cheap and I had everything set to move in. I don't have anything but my clothes so that will be easy.
I only make 540.00 am month from disability but I went to state and now they will pay my 104.00 monthly medicare premium so. This would give me enough to move in to this new place on Friday. Well payday was today and the state didn't pay the premium. I called and they said it will be reimbursed in 2 or 3 months. That means I will lose this great place. I need Over 200.00.
I have tried everything I can think of to come up with this and I don't know what I am doing wrong when I call these places but I can’t get a yes to save my soul. I really have never asked for help like this before and its very difficult for me to even do but I swallowed my pride and tried over and over and over and haven't found one yet who will help. Can You tell me what I need to do to get them to listen. I will not have a place to live as of Friday the 10th so I am desperate. Please HELP. Thanks and I am sorry for rambling on. Thank You for this website even if I haven't found right thing yet.
TiciaPeck

Re: State missed my benefit payment so now behind and need h

Post by TiciaPeck »

I'm in need of assistance. I'm currently not working due to my ongoing illness, and the state did not pay me the disability benefits. I have accrued multiple medical bills that are causing me to get behind on my mortgage, car payment and utilities. I receive short-term disability from my employer but my salary has been cut. I'm not sure how long this illness will last. I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide. You can contact me VIA email.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: State missed my benefit payment so now behind and need h

Post by Admin »

If the state missed your payment, try a local resource. Sometimes the local office may have resources as well, as there are public assistance programs in New Haven that may be able to fill the gap. While they too will take time to apply, it is just an option. It is much better than waiting on long term disability though.