Any financial help for single fathers...not mothers?

State and local government assistance programs.
JeanPaul
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Any financial help for single fathers...not mothers?

Post by JeanPaul »

I'm am a single father and I myself in a terrible position. I left my apartment to try and save money for a vehicle. My son and am I are now living with family who I assumed was willing to help us at the time. I've recently discovered they have other issues that have prevented them from paying their bills and now we all face homelessness. I find plenty of programs that will help single mothers but can’t seem to find any that will help me. Please it at all possible will you email me a list of programs or numbers to point me I the right direction. Thanks.
bobJohnson

Re: Any financial help for single fathers...not mothers?

Post by bobJohnson »

Hi - I am a self-employed hairdresser, single mother in the State of Oklahoma - Grady County. My husband just left me and 5 year old daughter. I make right at the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. I have applied for and received assistance with day care and I think I am going to be eligible for a small amount of food stamps.
Margarita

Post by Margarita »

I am a single mother. My 2 year old son has been diagnosed with Autism in February 2015. I haven't gotten anything from SSI as it's a 6 month wait and I currently have not work because of the extra needs I have to do for my son. It’s been rough these last two months and my rent is due and lights, water bills are due behind as well.
I just need a little help assistant with those main bills...I live in Nottoway county. They were unable to help me. Why you ask, but I'm not sure why. I haven't did anything wrong. But please, I am a single desperate mother that needs some help this month so I want be homeless. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Single dad (and moms) can use the entire site. We are not sure about agencies not wanting to help fathers. As that is illegal to discriminate based on that. In general, charities look at an applicant's income, what they are doing to help themselves, funding levels, etc. They should not look at whether someone is a single dad or not. But use our main site to find help paying bills and living expenses as there are thousands of charities listed.
JeanPaul wrote:I'm am a single father and I myself in a terrible position.
Ranndyred

Post by Ranndyred »

I had just sent an email to you and I tried saving it but hit the wrong button and it erased everything!!! As I went to paste it, it ended up pasting a sentence from God knows what...sorry about that, I'm trying to find out where my draft went. I will send it once I find it. If I'm not supposed to send my current situation on being a single father to you, please tell me now, that way I won't be sending you the wrong info.
As of right now I'll just send you what was asked to also be included in my email; I live in Illinois and my email as stated above is.