AFDC payments are not enough

State and local government assistance programs.
MPippin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

AFDC payments are not enough

Post by MPippin »

Hi, I'm on SSI and AFDC. I saved to move in to a place. I'm now $560 short that I must get by the sixth of June or I lose all the money I put for this place and that's not all. I'm disabled and I have one leg. I lost it to cancer. I have diabetes and lupus so I'm constantly sick. I was evicted from this house Because I kept asking for pest control and the new owner didn't want to deal so she evicted me so I got the new apartment but can't take nothing with me because everything has roaches and I'm so sick.
My boyfriend helps but he's lost his job. I need everything from furniture to kids beds. I'll sleep on the floor as like it. I need help and if you can help or point me in the direction for help. I have no family just me my boyfriend and kids. Please, I beg you. My phone will be turned off after today due to me not affording it so you can email me please.
JoeBrown

Re: AFDC payments are not enough

Post by JoeBrown »

We struggle literally week to week to pay bills. We are now 2 weeks behind on our car payment, as of today we owe our rent payment and our phones are turned off due to nonpayment. We are making approximately 1800 per month for 3 people and our rent alone is 900.00 and that is if we pay on time.
We need a hand up. We do not qualify for state welfare such as food stamps and AFDC. My husband is the only one working at this time. We need help catching up on our monthly expenses. I believe once we get caught back up we should be able to continue on our own. Please send any information on ways to obtain any grants/onetime gifts that could give us a hand up.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: AFDC payments are not enough

Post by Admin »

But even not getting those AFDC or other welfare benefits, there are other resources. Find details on Connecticut disability programs, as there are dozens to try. Both non-profits, local charities, and others can help you get the money you need.
JoeBrown wrote:We do not qualify for state welfare such as food stamps and AFDC.