Discharged from military service

State and local government assistance programs.
MPippin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Discharged from military service

Post by MPippin »

I am in a temporary financial need of help with paying my utilities and rent. I have a son recently discharged from the military after spending almost 6 months in a Mental Institution in London, being treated for severe depression/anxiety, PTSD, back, neck and shoulder pain and he is not able to work at this time. I am struggling to put food on the table and pay the rent as my younger son is moving out next week and he was part of my rent income and utilities.
Gia

Re: Discharged from military service

Post by Gia »

My wife and I are living in Cynthiana, KY, and I am a discharged veteran.
We are both 61 years of age.
My wife has John Gardner's Syndrome and Cancer. She had seizures from 1965-2006, when she had the last of three brain surgeries and consequently eliminated any future seizures since that date.
I am a disabled Navy Veteran of 10 years active duty and honorably discharged service.
My VA disability rating is 80%.
Our current monthly income is $ 1,910.00 estimated. (it is my VA disability)
We have no other income in our household.
Our medical conditions prevent us from gainful employment.
We paid all of our bills in full and on time, until our electric bill went from 100.00 (estimated monthly), to over $ 454.00 and more monthly.
My wife requires around the clock care, by me.
I currently have numerous medical appointments monthly of my own at the VAMC.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Discharged from military service

Post by Admin »

Hi,
First of all, thank you for you service. We can't imagine what you are your wife with cancer and that Gardner symptom, brain surgeries, etc. may be going through. We are so sorry to read that and hope the best for you. As far as resources, look here for help in Kentucky for financial and other needs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Gia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm My wife and I are living in Cynthiana, KY, and I am a discharged veteran.
We are both 61 years of age.
My wife has John Gardner's Syndrome and Cancer. She had seizures from 1965-2006, when she had the last of three brain surgeries and consequently eliminated any future seizures since that date.
I am a disabled Navy Veteran of 10 years active duty and honorably discharged service.
My VA disability rating is 80%.