I served our nation and now need help

State and local government assistance programs.
Mushy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I served our nation and now need help

Post by Mushy »

I am also a 45 year old father, husband, veteran of three years and a former federal employee of ten years. I never regretted working fulltime to support myself and my family for nearly forty years. During my ten years of federal service with TSA, I developed both sociological and psychological conditions (as a result of my job) medically forcing me out of TSA and making me unemployable.
In December 2014 I applied for disability retirement from TSA. I also applied for Social Security Disability retirement (which has been denied twice). Of course I still haven't received either. Recently my wife contacted a lawyer and was informed it will be 9 to 12 months before we get a hearing for SOCIAL SECURITY.
My wife has been corresponding with our state legislation and the governor, to ask for their help expediting the state and federal processes. Feeling extreme frustration I even wrote the President for help from the White House.
We get food assistance from N.M. but just started receiving financial assistance from N.M., which is so small it isn't enough. We get 240 dollars financial assistance which doesn't even fully pay or home loan.
We don't indulge in any activities or make any purchases that can be considered as luxury, we use my phone as our internet, no propane, no trash service, we don't go out to eat drink or movies, no blockbuster no Redbox, we don't have cable or satellite nor landline phone service. We haven't purchased clothing, tires, underclothing, socks, etc.
As a result of our frustrations, I am reaching out hoping you view a gofundme account my wife initially set up for us to help with the repair the head gasket on her 13 year old vehicle and fuel pump on my 11 year old vehicle.
We quickly found out us that we didn't consider home and car insurance, gas, loans, utilities, phone service, toiletries etc.
Please help we would appreciate anything.
Be White

Re: I served our nation and now need help

Post by Be White »

I am currently two months behind on my rent along with utilities and have been praying for a miracle to happen. I need to know what exactly if anything any of your programs could do to help people who served our country in a civil role. I am currently working part time earning less than $13 hourly and just need to be able to catch up in order to get back on track. I am seeking additional employment for supplemental income. I lost my job in 2014 and have been on and off work. Thanks in advance for anything that you guys can do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into the state of New Mexico and federal government public assistance programs too. As there are several, and they can be found here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
So there is ,much more than just food and cash....there is medical, transportation, job training, etc. etc.
Mushy wrote:We get food assistance from N.M. but just started receiving financial assistance from N.M., which is so small it isn't enough. We get 240 dollars financial assistance which doesn't even fully pay or home loan.
strawberry

Post by strawberry »

Greetings, I’m Nathaniel, from CA and a Service Connected Disabled Veteran also a Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Survivor. Reaching out to find assistance with getting my home back to the condition it was in before a catastrophic fire damaged the kitchen along with smoke damage throughout the house to the drywall and ceiling. Our served our nation, then was hit by the water issues. Now I need a lot of help as a veteran.
A contractor was hired to do the job, however he botched up my home and was paid almost $35,000 for substandard work as I was elsewhere recovering from the injuries sustained in the fire. I’ve been out of my home going on three years and residing in a place that’s not good for my mental health. I’m in search of all the reliable help or resources I can get.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Nathaniel,
Thank you for your serve. There are programs for disabled veterans, and even resources/legal claims for the Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Survivor fund. But as far as home repairs and other help needed, look here for veteran disability programs.
strawberry wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:00 am Greetings, I’m Nathaniel, from CA and a Service Connected Disabled Veteran also a Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Survivor. Reaching out to find assistance with getting my home back to the condition it was in before a catastrophic fire damaged the kitchen along with smoke damage throughout the house to the drywall and ceiling.