No electricity or water service

State and local government assistance programs.
DameronG
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No electricity or water service

Post by DameronG »

For the month of October my electric bill was almost 400 and we have no fuel. Both myself and my husband work and are struggling to keep our lights on and most days go without food. We have no transportation so we have to pay over 100 a week just to be able to work where we both make minimum wage. We have nowhere else to go and our electric is due to be terminated and we can see no way of being able to stop this from happening. On top of all of that we have no hot water in our home for the foreseeable future. Is there any way we could receive help getting out of this hole that seems to grow deeper by the day?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No electricity or water service

Post by Admin »

If you are both working and still struggling, then you need new jobs/increase your income. The Salvation Army often has suggestions on job placement programs in Idaho. They may also have food from the pantry and help with those electric bills. So maybe try that center, and more information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ncial.html
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

I am in an emergency status at this point because my electricity as well as water has been disconnected and I have no money to begin a payment plan with Duke/Progress Energy. I live in a rural part of Raleigh and am on well and septic, so I have water but not hot water. All my refrigerator food has gone bad now as well. I am on food stamps as well.
Please direct me to get some help immediately.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try these North Carolina utility bill assistance programs Duke has several options. there may be some local resources in Raleigh too for the water, but that is not common.
JamesGag wrote:I am in an emergency status at this point because my electricity as well as water has been disconnected and I have no money to begin a payment plan with Duke/Progress Energy. I live in a rural part of Raleigh and am on well and septic, so I have water but not hot water. All my refrigerator food has gone bad now as well. I am on food stamps as well.