Basic needs

State and local government assistance programs.
Cswindell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Basic needs

Post by Cswindell »

I'm an hard working father of four boys, 19, 10, 10, and 12. I work 7 days a week just to get by yet, I struggle with being able to provide some things for my family. I was trying to get some information about getting some assistance with getting help to get school clothes, shoes, and school supplies for my younger sons, is there anything or someone I can be guided to assist me. I’m not dependent on asking for help, I have a lot of pride. I believe in be a provider and doing what I can to support my family. I just need some assistance at the moment! Thank you for any information.
Overnight

Re: Basic needs

Post by Overnight »

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving, I have four great kids and a loving husband. We just moved here from DeWitt Iowa to escape the racism my kids were experiencing. A friend is allowing us to stay in her home (in Las Vegas) because we were in our car. We've spent all the money we've brought with us along with our snap benefits, and we need some "basic needs" now. I have section 8 and am awaiting an inspection, my husband and I were both hired for and job and started yesterday June 1 Where we work 8-4:30, which leaves no time to sign up for anything.
We don't know what services are even out here to temporarily help. I am not looking for a hand out. But I am look for help for my kids. We do not have Thanksgiving dinner today but that's okay. I'm afraid they will not have Christmas either. Because we won't have enough money for beds. We need Clothes, Cleaning products, Covers, my driver’s license, the car's registration, shoes for them, and so on. My husband and I don't want anything. We just want to be able to provide the basics for them so they can have a good life for them. I would like to take some classes if necessary or be linked with a counselor to help get us back on track. If you know how we can get help please let me know? Thanks for listening.
Aaron1

Post by Aaron1 »

Hello,
I'm in such a need right now due to the Mendocino Complex. My family and I need basic needs like food, detergent, clothes. My family had to be mandatory evacuated & we have 7 young boys in our home, both of us adults are working, but are falling behind on all our bills because we had to use everything we had on hand to provide for our family throughout that time. I have a 15 Day Notice to shut our PG&E off, my Car Payment is past due, our phones are on the verge of being shut off, & our cable went off this morning. I
'm trying not to stress out, because I know there's help for basic needs like food and shelter, but finding the time to find it is so hard; with school starting & 4 of my boys play football (fees are due) it's been rough on all of us trying to recovery. I'm looking for help in any kind of way & very grateful for whatever you are able to help with. I have documents & proof to provide once you can point me in the right direction. :) 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need basic needs, we suggest one of wo places. One is a food pantry. The other are the clothing banks in Topeka. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... othes.html
Either one may have hygiene supplies, detergent, and of course food.
Aaron1 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:53 am Hello,
I'm in such a need right now due to the Mendocino Complex. My family and I need basic needs like food, detergent, clothes.