Help for a caregiver

State and local government assistance programs.
Globe
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for a caregiver

Post by Globe »

I have been going round and round trying to talk to the right people. My father is 80 years old and I need to live with him and be here with him to keep an eye on him, just in case something happens. Since I am needed here, all we have is his social security check to live on. I was wondering if there is any financial help we can receive to help out. Thank you.
sasolis

Re: Help for a caregiver

Post by sasolis »

Call or go see your local department of family services, dept of aging or same. There are quite alot of states that actually pay caregivers, maybe not huge amount of money but something.
BillyJean

Post by BillyJean »

Hello, I'm a fairly new resident of PA. I am a recent breast cancer survivor, living with a caregiver, and I fell behind on bills due to the fact that I could not work and my disability was denied. I am in the process of appealing the decision but that can take up to a year. I was wondering what kind of programs were in Pike County that would help me get caught up on my car note and car insurance as well as other bills but those are the most pressing ones. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to know if there are any programs that will help me find/finance an apartment as I'm staying with my mother right now.
I can be reached via email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A survivor of breast cancer. We support the cause on awareness and donating too. There are disability programs in Pennsylvania. They can help caregivers, the disabled and others. We doubt they help with car payments though. Try credit counseling.
BillyJean wrote:Hello, I'm a fairly new resident of PA. I am a recent breast cancer survivor, living with a caregiver, and I fell behind on bills due to the fact that I could not work and my disability was denied. I am in the process of appealing the decision but that can take up to a year. I was wondering what kind of programs were in Pike County that would help me get caught up on my car note and car insurance as well as other bills but those are the most pressing ones. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to know if there are any programs that will help me find/finance an apartment as I'm staying with my mother right now.
I can be reached via email.
JohnNumber12

Post by JohnNumber12 »

My aunt Marlene-Swartzwelder David is 82 and recently lost her husband and has a caregiver now. She was not left much of anything, but fortunately her name is on the house and she will opt to take his social security instead of hers as his is the larger amount. 
She has had a stroke and gets easily confused at times. Could you please provide information regarding a meeting with someone who could help navigate us through all of the ways she can obtain assistance with reduced utilities, food stamps, help for her caregiver, tax help etc..  She is lost and we would really appreciate help. Her address is Pittsburgh, Pa 15226. I am her niece.
Sincerely,