Struggling while fighting for disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Welch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling while fighting for disability

Post by Welch »

Hello, I'm a permanently disabled (in remission from two brain surgeries and radiation treatment) mother, who is still fighting for my disability since 2011. I only get $383 disability to live off of and $353 for Supplementary and I was told then that my kids would get $250 each a month as long as I am disabled which I have never received one penny of that money but every time one of my kids become 18th I am sent a letter stating that they will no longer receive their monies which we have never gotten.
When I report this to them they claim it was a typo and that they wasn't to receive it. Yet how is it I get two of the same letters for two of my kids. The wrong in doing in this is my disability was not work related. And there are people out here who have NEVER worked a day in their lives receiving more than me.
The country is paying drug addicts more than me and extra to go to the methadone, people their kids on medication, folks that have NEVER worked a day in their lives, premature babies, special needs people more than me and I have brain damage which I need to survive and by doing this is saying I'm worth less than those that has never put one dime into social security. People have other countries can come here and get more help than me, and this said a lot about the USA.
I am a great mom and due to the lack of help none of the so called places that suppose to help me isn't doing their job to help me. People like me who would make a success out of the programs are not the ones getting the opportunities to succeed but yet all of the so called help programs are mostly helping those that are not changing their lives for the good. I use to wonder why people move out of the country. But it is starting to become clear. That the good is only allowed in small numbers and the bad is increasing in numbers.
All I have asked for is help while disabled, it doesn't seem to count that I was a wife of a soldier, mother of a son in the military that is in combat zone for the 2nd time, and daughter of a retired army veteran who joined in 1956 buried at Fort Benning-lifetime NAACP member-Masonic member and A good mother that tries hard to maintain while get such a small amount of money to try and live off of. And now I am homeless here in Georgia, which is my birth home state with my 9 year old son and have been told I have 5 days to figure out something or they will take my son and put him in foster care.
See a disabled mother who is a great mom gets these threats due to the system failing me when the terrible mothers are the ones getting all the help and abusing and killing their beautiful kids. What does this say for this system? Only that it loves tearing up good families and saving those that are not trying to do better. And another thing what does it mean to be a US CITIZEN when the majority of help is quickly giving to people who are not, and the state is quick to send funds to another state than to help the people in full that are from that state. I have brag on and defended Georgia all my life to come back home and to show my son it is not what he imagine. It's like you have to be on television just to get help.
I always tell my son there are good people in the world and helpful people like he have seen me do but he is now believing that's a lie. He jeeps saying "MOM, you a good mom how is it that the people that suppose to help us are helping only bad people that take advantage of it". Hard to defend these so called help organization when this is showing true. Now I can do what I have been begging for help through emails to every so called place, churches, organizations, government (programs and officials), news stations, television show hosts, radio personalities etc. just to either get no response at all or are told they don't help or passing me off to the next or to tell me to get help from DSS/DHS. They also say I wouldn't be doing emails and calls if they did their job to help us.
And I have this to say also as a kids and growing up I was always told to seek out churches, that is now a myth. There are now small amount of churches that’s heart is truly of GOD and helping the community the massive is you have to join (which is like forcing it on someone just to help them which makes that false representations). Now I am choosing to send this email out to the massive and see how true people are to the jobs they have chosen like how it was for many long time ago to take this job because their purpose was to help better the world not just for their pockets. Where is the real help for US? We need a place to stay or hotel stay while waiting on housing, financial help for food, clothing for my son and transportation. Can you help me or pass my information to others.
Gloria12

Re: Struggling while fighting for disability

Post by Gloria12 »

I am awaiting a disability decision and my husband has come across financial strain due to hours at work and child support payments being increased and taking almost 50% of the homes income. With rent, utilities and a very frugal living, we still struggle from month to month without my being able to add to income in the home. We also have to pay for public transportation and I gets quite costly when it comes to a 4 person family and a $14 a day transportation cost.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

Good day, I've made attempts to contact every single number listed on needhelppayingbills.com and every number has stated the voice mailbox was full. I'm in the process of filing my appeal for social security disability and don't have the funds to maintain my rent, electric or water. Food stamps says I owe them over $500. I'm completely lost and am in dire need of some assistance. Please contact me via phone, email, or regular mail as soon as possible. I'm running out of time quickly. I don't know what else to say or do. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
PlaceLikeThis

Post by PlaceLikeThis »

Hi. I am a 36 year old mother, applying for disability, with 3 children all living with me and I am an emergency need for assistance. I have currently received a notice that I am danger of eviction from my house and my utilities are getting disconnected. I currently have no heat because I am unable to get it connected. I need help please. I don't know what to do to prevent this from happening. Please help me from my struggles. Thank you.
Bellini

Post by Bellini »

My spouse is awaiting disability and has not worked since January 2020 per doctors orders and is fighting the disability claim. I was terminated from my job November 23, 2020. I just started a new one today 8/13/21 but am not going to have enough to pay my rent for February. I have never needed assistance but I truly do at this time. We have been awarded food stamps due to our financial situation and the fact that I only made/made 14,000 in 2020. Please let me know where I can go from here for assistance. Thank you in advance.
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

I am on full disability and struggling, DOB 10-18-1961. I am trying to increase my disability benefits.
I purchased a condominium in Green Valley 85614 end of 2018. I have an autoimmune disorder, Lupus among other health issues. I purchased home low-cost fixer upper, I have construction background and intended to fix most on my own (living on SSI limited funds). I was targeted, harassed, subjected to mental anguish, discriminated against by on-site management company. Today water leaks in ceiling caused extensive damage, HOA responsibility to fix and repair. Manager and Maintenance staff showed up to view ceiling damage, altercation and verbal abuse. After they left, I suffered stroke which left me with limited daily function.
Today limited ability unable to repair, fix home, been living with mold from ceiling leaks triggering my autoimmune disease. Filed bankruptcy, mold affects lead to suffering daily and it is destroying me and dogs’ health beyond repair. My brain not capable to complete home repairs due to my disability struggles. I only have 5 months to take all responsible parties to court but limited brain and funds. I have reached out for help other agencies but HOA law very limited support. I Hope and pray for some ideas or help. Thanks Debra