Definitions of the various food programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Rudiger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Definitions of the various food programs

Post by Rudiger »

I have a question and the question is: is the commodity Supplemental Food Program and the food pantry or food bank one and the same? I take it the answer may be yes. I know about the SNAP, congregate meals, and soup kitchens. I am saying the percentage of income is too high and should be lowered to 20% because of threatened cuts in the food stamp, and energy assistance. However the economy went haywire. I don't think anyone has a right to suggest making friends and possibly they will help with needs. This is wrong in my views and I don't think my view is wrong.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Definitions of the various food programs

Post by Admin »

To answer your question, all of those programs are different. They are not even close to each other. Pantries are often run by charities, etc. and commodity Supplemental Food Program is USDA run. There are many other differences too. Also, these food assistance programs are safety net services, so the income needs to be low. No one should depend on them and people need to get a job to buy their own food. The job market is very strong right now.
Crapening
anti spam: Blue

Re: Definitions of the various food programs

Post by Crapening »

Hello,
I am a working father of 4 with no support and am trying to understand all the government food programs out there. I needed help paying my rent and power bill for as much money as I can apply for. I am on Food Stamps but was interested in any grants or assistance that you may have available for someone in my position. Any amount of assistance with paying these bills would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your response