question for a friend

State and local government assistance programs.
Lois
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

question for a friend

Post by Lois »

A friend of ours just moved here to Minneapolis Mn, from Texas he went down to apply for assistance today to get help with paying rent, medical, and food stamps till he can find a job. They gave him Medical and Food stamps but told him he couldn't get money to pay rent cause he is able to work. We thought this program was to help people till they did find work, he has only been here about 2 weeks and he has been applying for work but has not gotten anything yet, so what is he suppose to do to get by till he finds something. He just wanted something till he got work and could get buy on for rent, bus fair etc. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: question for a friend

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately every program is different and have their own elegibility requirements. That being said, here is a link for another Texas rental assistance program. Did you try this? If not, go for it. Maybe it can help.
http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/assist_rental.htm
TigWoods

Post by TigWoods »

A friend gave us this email.
We need help badly. We are behind on bills. My wife has been in and out of the hospital recently, and we are fighting with Worker's Comp to get paid for the two months she was off.
I recently started work (I was a full-time student before), and I'm not making enough to catch us up, let alone get ahead.
We are about to lose our apartment, and we might have utilities turned off soon.
We have nowhere else to turn or go.
Can you please help??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have workers compensation, sometimes those individuals will qualify for disability. Also, if your wife is really sick, that too may help an application. But the process to apply takes time, and if you are about to lose your apartment, it may be too late. But the SSI payments may help you catch up in the future. Learn more on disability and workers compensation programs.