Christmas for my parents

State and local government assistance programs.
CarlK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Christmas for my parents

Post by CarlK »

Hello I’m sending this email on my dad's behalf. He is a single father and he's had my little sister on his own sense she was 6. His health is poor now and he lost his job last year. He is currently on public assistance but the $300 a month in cash he receives doesn't even cover the bill's at his home.
The family has helped as much as we can to cover the extra cost so he wont lose his home. He has no money to get my little sister anything for Christmas. I’ve looked through the toys for tots agency and they all have cut off limits on age. She just turned 17 years old, but she's had a hard life with our mother leaving and our dad struggling with his health. The holidays are what she looks forward to and now she might not even have that.
Is there any help at all your organization can provide so she can have something/anything for Christmas? We would greatly appreciate any help at all. We live in PA and that’s in Washington county. I’ve tried many times to contact the Washington office but its been weeks with no reply back. I’ve contacted the local churches but they said there funds were limited and are gone now.
Jalen

Re: Christmas for my parents

Post by Jalen »

I’m needing help with Christmas. I have 2 teenage boys in the home. I was homeless for almost year until now. My family and I have moved into a 2 bedroom house and it took all the funds I saved up to move in. It’s the best Christmas present I could give to my family. I would like to give them a good Christmas in our new hone as bulletin you small slowly standing on my two feet. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, congratulations on the new home. But as you said, isn''t that enough for a Christmas present? Most charities may think so. But if you insist on trying for other help for your two boys, find a number of charities that offer Christmas assistance. They normally don't help teenagers (applicants need to be younger) but you can try.
LaveonBell

Post by LaveonBell »

I am reaching out with the help of my therapist for help with giving my kids and parents a Christmas that they deserve and I can't afford to do and looking for help or programs to assist with paying my mortgage during this hard time of the year. With paying the bare minimum to keep the roof over our heads, some clothes and some food on the table now it's cold and there's oil billas to pay. It is cold and soon snow to deal with. That's an awful lot for a single glee mom of 3 who's struggling and praying to keep our heads afloat. I'm in Cumberland County town of new Gloucester Maine.
If you have any suggestions help or assistance please help me and let me know. We as parents from a low income greatly appreciate the help.
God Bless
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some of the clothing closets in Cumberland County Maine may offer help. They can provide Christmas presents, toys, and more. While parents are not a focus, they may be able to get some help. Also, check with them for free winter attire, as you said it can get cold in Maine! A listing of them are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... osets.html
LaveonBell wrote:I am reaching out with the help of my therapist for help with giving my kids and parents a Christmas that they deserve and I can't afford to do and looking for help or programs to assist with paying my mortgage during this hard time of the year. With paying the bare minimum to keep the roof over our heads, some clothes and some food on the table now it's cold and there's oil billas to pay. It is cold and soon snow to deal with. That's an awful lot for a single glee mom of 3 who's struggling and praying to keep our heads afloat. I'm in Cumberland County town of new Gloucester Maine.
If you have any suggestions help or assistance please help me and let me know. We as parents from a low income greatly appreciate the help.
God Bless
Thank you