Recently divorced

State and local government assistance programs.
Double Chin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recently divorced

Post by Double Chin »

Hello, I am recently a divorced stay at home mother of one. I was married for about 5 years, and I am 35. I am currently unemployed, it's been difficult finding work having been out of work for so long, along with having my son’s schedule. The reason for my email is I am really falling behind and have no idea what to do or where to turn for help. My electricity has been disconnected, I can't get it turned back on unless I come up with $550, (reconnect deposit fees included in that..).
I have been without electricity for almost two weeks now, and have been staying at my mother’s off and on with my son, however, my car was just repossessed and I no longer have transportation to and from my house, my sons school, etc. Gas south has also disconnected my services due to falling behind in payment, I believe I owe around $400 to get it turned back on.
I can do without a vehicle, but I am on the verge of the possibility to lose my son if I can't get back in my home with electricity and gas to have air and hot water in my home. There are many bus routes close to my house, which I can use to get to where we need to go, or we can walk. If there are any resources you can point me to, or if there is any help you can offer to help me get back on my feet, it would be greatly appreciated. I know if I can just get back in my home, my son can continue to have a seemingly normal living arrangement again and I can continue to look for work and things would be back on track. It's been a real struggle since my husband left and I just need a little assistance if it's at all possible. Thank you.
Reiner

Re: Recently divorced

Post by Reiner »

Hi
I am a single mom with three children who is recently divorce. I am staying in single room in Hicksville, New York.
I appreciate if you can help me in getting a rented apartment and can help me in paying the rent.
As I already getting TA and food stamps.
I appreciate if you can help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recently divorced

Post by Admin »

Well, in addition to the food stamps you get as a single mom, there are other resources too. That will free up your income to pay the rent. Namely try get help from a food pantry. That will help you feed your 3 children, and then use the savings to pay for the apartment.
Reiner wrote:Hi
I am a single mom with three children who is recently divorce. I am staying in single room in Hicksville, New York.
I appreciate if you can help me in getting a rented apartment and can help me in paying the rent.
As I already getting TA and food stamps.

I appreciate if you can help me.