Electric bill holding up section 8

State and local government assistance programs.
LesterH
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Electric bill holding up section 8

Post by LesterH »

I just was granted a section 8 voucher. After being homeless for 7 years. I have an outstanding BGE electric bill. I am on disability so my budget is low unfortunately my bill became very high 945.71.
I have to have a zero balance to move in my new apartment. Section 8 rules make this happen. I'm scared that this is the only thing keeping me from a stable home. I pray that I can figure this out somehow. I don't make it a habit asking for any kind of help, but I can't live on the streets any longer. I'm 43. Thank you for your time and listing once again with all my heart.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electric bill holding up section 8

Post by Admin »

So you are $945 behind? Good luck. No charity in Baltimore or anywhere else would help with that amount. Maybe ask the section 8 public housing authority (PHA) for suggestions on where to turn to for electric bill help. Maybe they have ideas. But we are glad you are on the path to getting out of homelessness.

[quote="LesterH"]I just was granted a section 8 voucher. After being homeless for 7 years. I have an outstanding BGE electric bill. I am on disability so my budget is low unfortunately my bill became very high 945.71./quote]