Food and other bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Gronker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food and other bills

Post by Gronker »

I am a mother of two. My children are 7 & 8. I am behind on my rent by a month and my water has been cut off. My husband was laid off about a month ago and all we live on is SSI. We don't have food stamps, so we buy our own food. I am in desperate need of $425 for my rent, food for my children and $169 for my water to be cut back on. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Durham

Re: Food and other bills

Post by Durham »

Only income Social Security. We loose half of increase in SNAP and our electric budget payment increased $41 in 3 months. Groceries continue to increase as well as gas prices. Could barely make ends meet previously and don't know how can continue. We don't Pay bills, don't eat and have only $95 month for food. Don't qualify for HEAP as only pay electric. Where can I get assistance in paying bills? I also receive HUD assistance but still can't make ends meet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You would be a great candidate for a food pantry. There are literally thousands of them around the nation. Not only may they give you a free box of groceries, but volunteers also offer referrals so you can find ways to make ends met. We have information on food pantries and banks near all towns. You just need to call or stop by. Also, if you need a meal as can't afford to eat, some also have soup kitchens.
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

I am a single father with an 8 year old son. I also live with roommate and her daughter. I split the bills and food with her, rent 1,000 my half is 500 and we split groceries 600 a month for 4 people and split electric bill 200 a month.
I became unemployed in June and have not been able to pay my portion of the bills, and my son and myself are on the verge of being evicted.
We may also go hungry due to lack of food. I am looking for any kind of assistance to help me with rent and utilities. I have already applied for SNAP and I am currently waiting for their decision.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many programs in Harris County and Houston to try. Locate them here. Food, financial aid, advice, and free case management are some of what may be available. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html