Recovering from a divorce

State and local government assistance programs.
JamesonMas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recovering from a divorce

Post by JamesonMas »

Went throw divorce over year ago. My ex had money for a lawyer and I did not. He toke my kids and everything else I had. He has been staying at aunts house tell I get on my feet and I just had a baby girl three mouths ago. And she is my everything. I finally was able get a starter job get paid over two weeks $200 to $300 every other week. It is not much but something. My aunt and uncle have told me there might be move in month or two. And what I need help with is trying to get a place I can afford. So if can help, please let me know. Thanks and have a great day.
Paris

Re: Recovering from a divorce

Post by Paris »

I am going through a divorce. I have a lot of unpaid medical bills that are on my credit report. I also owe a couple of other bills that have been reported . I would like to buy a home rather than rent because I feel it would be more economical. I cannot do this, however, due to my low credit score. which was 446 in 2015. I am disabled and receive social security disability and NC state disability. My total income is about $2400 a month. While that may seem a lot, after moving expenses such as a u-haul, deposits on utilities, and first months payments, I have been behind in all utilities every month since leaving my husband in July of 2015.
I struggle to pay the copay of my medication--I do have medical and prescription insurance with NC state disability. I also take many over the counter supplements because my blood work shows deficiencies with certain vitamins and minerals. I do without my medication many months. My vehicle is in need of repairs and is dangerous to drive. I had to take out 2 very high interest loans using vehicles as collateral in order to avoid a judgment. I also still have the pay $400.00 immediately on that loan.
If I could get caught up on utilities, get assistance paying medical bills, and prescriptions, I feel I can avoid more disastrous means. The high interest loans are terrible with 158% interest rates. I have no assistance from anyone. My doctor messed up during surgery or I would still be working. I cannot work due to pain and pressure. Also, NC disability takes whatever I earn dollar for dollar. I have copies of bank statements showing direct deposits and information from both social security and NC state disability and my insurance. I have copies of all bills showing delinquencies. I have copies of the auto loans. I also have a copy of the older credit report. Also, because of the stress of the divorce--which I cannot afford to pay for. My husband will not file for divorce. He is also driving a vehicle which is in my name but he paid for. I pay the insurance on it because it is easier and cheaper to use one policy.
The bills and divorce situation has caused me to start seeing a clinical psychologist. I have not received a bill from her but I think her bill is already over $800.00 even after Medicare (which I only started getting in Jan.) and medical insurance. I am having difficulty sleeping and with depression because of this mess. I have lost 82 pounds since this began which is the only good thing that has happened. Money problems is what led to the divorce. We have been married 40 years and never had anything even we worked.
What can I do? Thank you. I live in Horry County, SC. Are there agencies in the area that can assist me with any of these matters? How do I contact them and what are the qualifications for them?
Gail

Post by Gail »

I lost my part-time job, I'm filing for disability, I am going through a terrible divorce and custody battle. I have NO MONEY AT ALL! I don't have gas money, toilet paper, I can't pay the bills anymore. I am going to be homeless. I have 2 sons, 11 and 13.
I get no support from my husband. We have been separated and divorcing for 3years now. It is taking forever. I can't do the laundry or buy hygiene items. I have no family that will help me anymore, they have all abandoned me. I have never felt such desperation. I have sold everything I have of value to survive this far. I have nothing left. I am desperate, please help me and my children!
Pippa

Post by Pippa »

My four-year-old son and I do not have the finances to get a car or place to live. Unfortunately my husband had an affair and asked for a divorce. The child support when or if he pays is not enough to pay for much. I am also in school to become a parochial teacher. My family spent their savings on an attorney for me so there is no one to help us.