Food and support from places in Ohio

State and local government assistance programs.
Couric12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food and support from places in Ohio

Post by Couric12 »

I just lost my car. I have a job and I am in need. I have never asked for help from anyone. Can you please help me with food and housing? I have a seven year old daughter and her father pasted away two years ago. She sleeps on the couch while I sleep on the floor.
Please can someone help us. I'm begging for help. I fill like the worst mom because I can barley put food in the house. The state of Ohio dropped my food stamps down to 15 dollars a month. Because I got a job. I thought they would help you more knowing you are trying to better your life. Thank you so much.
Andre

Re: Food and support from places in Ohio

Post by Andre »

We are a family of five living in Ohio. Two of our three kids are special needs and I have been unable to work for 4 years. I am still waiting on disability payments. We have one income and with summer coming, we are struggling to keep up with bills and put food on the table as we will not have school to rely on in the coming months for breakfasts and lunches. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Minnymouse101

Post by Minnymouse101 »

Good Morning,
I have never asked for help but times are very hard right now. I graduated from seminary in Cleveland Ohio and have worked as a pastor but for the last few years was a Hospice Chaplain. A year and a half ago, I lost my job and haven't been able to find a job or even to buy food. In the process, I also got my car repossessed, so that makes it even harder.
Also, three years ago, at the age of 35, I had two heart attacks and then had a quadruple open heart surgery. It has been hard with medications and not working and all. I had to move in with my mother, we share a small one bedroom apartment in Ohio. It's hard on food and all. What I really want to give her is a Christmas gift for taking care of me when I needed it, anything will do, but since I lost my job, I was wondering if you help with that and if you help with food. Thanksgiving was sad for us, but we had each other, thank you if you are able to help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

There are thousands of food banks in Ohio. This was/is a hard hit state due to loss of manufacturing jobs (that by the way will never be coming back). But there are places to turn to for help. They serve meals, give out free food boxes, assist during the holidays, provide clothing, and more. Financial aid of course is also a possibility...just not as common. Here are many food pantries in Ohio.