Alimony stopped

State and local government assistance programs.
Lewis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Alimony stopped

Post by Lewis »

Rental Assistance for August 1, 2015. I am off work for medical reasons but my disability ran out long ago, I'm hoping to return to work in September but my ex husband decided to stop paying Alimony and I don't have money for Rent or Bills. Also, Please include info for Legal Aid to take ex-husband to court for Spousal Support and Fraud for settling divorce without my knowing and failing to list his assets. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alimony stopped

Post by Admin »

You requested info for legal aid, and here it is. Click here.
As far as the money for your rent and bills, that may be tough. As if you are not working, have no money coming in the door, what is your long term plan? Sounds like you will be asking for help month in and month out, and an agency will not assist with that. So sue the husband for the Alimony. Also ask legal aid for ideas on shelter and/or transitional housing.
Lewis wrote:Also, Please include info for Legal Aid to take ex-husband to court for Spousal Support and Fraud for settling divorce without my knowing and failing to list his assets. Thank You.
Solazola

Post by Solazola »

Good afternoon,
I am 61 years old and I am disabled and getting SSDI income and also a small pension and alimony (Which will end November 25 when I turn 62 years old).
I currently lease a car which is going to become exceedingly difficult for me Pay the monthly note with my alimony stopped. I also have medical bills in credit card bills. I need assistance in paying off my bills and getting a free car through a government program or any programs out there for seniors that are disabled. I currently am renting the upstairs of a duplex which I am going to have to move out of by August. Are there any programs out there that can assist me no that my alimony stopped? If so can you provide that information to me?
Christine
Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Christine,
That is a long list of both disability as well as senior needs. There are agency on aging programs that can help you with the legal issues around alimony, cars or disability and more. Locate senior citizen hardship programs.
Solazola wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:38 am Good afternoon,
I am 61 years old and I am disabled and getting SSDI income and also a small pension and alimony (Which will end November 25 when I turn 62 years old).
Christine
Sent from my iPhone