Young adults struggling to keep up

State and local government assistance programs.
Rubio
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Young adults struggling to keep up

Post by Rubio »

I have a question, I know of two young adults in the area both very responsible hard working the ages 22 and 23 attending college part time and both with steady jobs full time. These two are a young couple who recently were kicked out on the streets with no place to go living from friend to friends homes. Both have vehicles and they pay for which they do and on time. Like I said they are very mature and responsible. They have been searching for a decent apartment in the Rochester NY area with not much luck.
Something that is all included a one bedroom. They can work on finding furniture later on, just something in a decent area, safe, clean and in their budget. Also most places are asking for first, last and current rent. Some even want a fee which has been a bit difficult. But by all means can come up with something just not all three on the spot in short notice and trying to survive out of their vehicles, off the streets, paying others and trying to save for a place.
Is there any resources that is available that can help or direct them? I could suggest they try, email, call, visit, anyplace that can help find them an apartment. Anything to help these young adults and give them a chance they really deserve it. They are really great kids with a wonderful education behind them. It really breaks my heart and I am not in a position to do much seeing I am currently in another state trying my best to guide and keep their courage up not for them to give up hope. I know hard times happen and they can make it through this.
Thanks for your time and any suggestions you may have.
Behr

Re: Young adults struggling to keep up

Post by Behr »

I am a single mom, but still I a young adult. I live in low income housing. Due to some mix up they have my rent as $478 and my utility bill is $113. I don't have any money.
I can't work due to mental illness and physical disabilities, but I am so young. I'm not asking you to send me money I just need a little help paying on these so we don't get kicked out. I live in Housing Authorities of Springfield and my utility company is City Utilities. Please help so we will not get kicked out.
Mandiandfamily

Post by Mandiandfamily »

I live in London, KY and I am a single mother of three boys and a young adult myself. I have no car and I have managed to get two jobs but have had to quit because I can't get to work.
My mom passed away on Janurary 4th of this year and I found a handwritten will she had wrote about 6 years ago leaving me and my boys everything she has.
Well, I have 3 older siblings who never so much as darkened her door. My blessed mother had Alzheimer's, and I took care of her right up until she took her LAST breath. It was so hard to care for her and my kids too at times I just sit and cried and begged the Lord to send me a little help.
She started having a lot allot of stomach pain, and her bowels burst. I never knew she had wanted me to have everything, but when I found out, I was the happiest I have ever been cause me and my boys would finally have a home that nobody could take from us.
I couldn't afford to turn on the utilities, but in May it was actually warm enough for us to stay in the house. I had all of our belongings moved in. Literally everything we had to our name was in the house.  
Well on or around May 5, it had been really windy. The wind gusts were stronger than I ever remember in a long time.  So we had decided to stay in my aunt's mobile home next door because old houses make a lot of noise and the kids were frightened and insisted we not stay in the house that night. And had we been in there, the chances of us burning alive was GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.
So, around 9:30 or so I smelled something I had never smelled before, an actual house! I jumped and ran outside and it was just burning so quick and the wind was intensifying it all the more. I called 911, and got the water hose and tried so hard to put it out I felt my face just near melting or so I THOUGHT.
I knew we wouldn't have even an outfit left.  I demanded the arson investigator check it out. Because I knew there was no power on, and I also knew my brother had been devastated by the new will, and a past that involved arson.
It was intentional, we knew that much but my brother is wealthy and I am not. He is friends with the police, the fire department and in this small town, money talks.
I wanted a copy of the fire report to take to the America and Red Cross, but I have tried and tried and they just tell me they will contact me when it's done.
Well, 24 hours is a LONG enough wait for the report.
So here we are, a young adult with kids, with pretty much-nothing. And we had all of the appliances we needed. Toys, clothes shoes, covers, etc. After the fire, nothing survived.
I feel like I should have been turned down and pushed a way on purpose but nothing I do helps. I have a 3 year old, a 7 year old who goes to school and I can’t afford one piece of clothing for him and it embarrasses me so bad because I can't provide for my kids at this time of need.
Can you help?
        Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that story and for the loss of your mom. We do have some resources on how children, even the boys you have, may be able to help you, the parent. Things like working, saving money, using technology like apps, and so much more. Find a list here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rents.html
Mandiandfamily wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:36 am I live in London, KY and I am a single mother of three boys and a young adult myself. I have no car and I have managed to get two jobs but have had to quit because I can't get to work.
My mom passed away on Janurary 4th of this year and I found a handwritten will she had wrote about 6 years ago leaving me and my boys everything she has.