Single dad

State and local government assistance programs.
Aiken
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single dad

Post by Aiken »

I am a single father, the mother and I have a mutual/verbal contract that we both see our daughter on a week to week basis. I was recently evicted from my apartment because she was abusive and did not meet house hold requirements as far as a stay at home mother should be concerned. I would wake up at 7:30 am every day, work 12 hours, come home, cook clean, tend to the baby and do it all again the next day with the exception of Sunday's.
The mother of the child, has her own case with job and family services, that will NOT allow me to apply for my daughter to receive food on my weeks that I have her. This hurts a great deal, and continues to make me dependable on which ever household I am at. I need assistance with food and housing and independence.
Tasi Fish

Re: Single dad

Post by Tasi Fish »

I am a single dad of 4. My fiancée passed away in late April from complications from child birth. We had the baby home for 3 weeks when it happened. Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection was the because of death. There was no warning and in 15 minutes time she went from totally fine to dead. I am now raising 4 kids ages 6, 4, 2, & a 4 month old baby. I worked for a local college: So I was laid off all summer till school started again. Since it's just me 3 of the kids are now going to day care which costs $1850/month. Along with $900/Rent, $200/Electronic, $60/Gas, $100/Water, $50/Internet, $50/Phone, $25/Medications I alone am now responsible for. That's $3235 a month. I get $1648/Social Security for the kids & $1033/SRS $ for child care.
I didn't go back to my old job & have started a new one last Thursday but its only 28 hours @ $11/hr & I won't get paid for at least 3 weeks. I also don't get the S.S. money till the last Wednesday of each month. I haven't paid September's rent & both my electric & gas are going to be shut off any minute as I have missed the last payment on both. I just need some help to get back on my feet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many programs for single parents, whether they are moms or dads. As long as they are low income, aid may be available. We have a resource on the site here, http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Did you finance have a life insurance policy for the kids? As that may be helpful. Maybe there are some funds there that can benefit you and your family, or other forms of support available from your community. It may be worthwhile to look into. Good luck, and sorry for your loss.
Tasi Fish wrote:I am a single dad of 4. My fiancée passed away in late April from complications from child birth. We had the baby home for 3 weeks when it happened. Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection was the because of death. There was no warning and in 15 minutes time she went from totally fine to dead. I am now raising 4 kids ages 6, 4, 2, & a 4 month old baby. I worked for a local college: So I was laid off all summer till school started again. Since it's just me 3 of the kids are now going to day care which costs $1850/month. Along with $900/Rent, $200/Electronic, $60/Gas, $100/Water, $50/Internet, $50/Phone, $25/Medications I alone am now responsible for. That's $3235 a month. I get $1648/Social Security for the kids & $1033/SRS $ for child care.
I didn't go back to my old job & have started a new one last Thursday but its only 28 hours @ $11/hr & I won't get paid for at least 3 weeks. I also don't get the S.S. money till the last Wednesday of each month. I haven't paid September's rent & both my electric & gas are going to be shut off any minute as I have missed the last payment on both. I just need some help to get back on my feet.
Insta

Post by Insta »

I have my sons I am putting through preschool and it is 605 a month. His school is Julie row academy. I am a single dad that has him 100 percent is of the time. I think. He and I don't deny him to see his mom of course but it started by 50/50 then turned into 70 percent with me and he hasn't seen her in a month and no confirmation of when she will see him again.
Anyways... I can and will pay 605... It’s just really hard. Maybe I could just get partial help? 50/50. I pay 305 a month and 300 comes from somewhere else? We live in Florida. My income is less’s then 1500 a month and I attend school full time. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Lake County community action agency may be able to refer you to child care vouchers. Call them. Maybe a voucher can help pay some of the 605 monthly rate.
Insta wrote:I have my sons I am putting through preschool and it is 605 a month. Anyways... I can and will pay 605... It’s just really hard. Maybe I could just get partial help? 50/50. I pay 305 a month and 300 comes from somewhere else? We live in Florida. My income is less’s then 1500 a month and I attend school full time. Thank you.
Darsi

Post by Darsi »

I am 42 years old Father figure for two young girls ages 9 and 2. As well as a father to my own 8 year old son. Unfortunately I have fallen victim to seizures which has ruined my auto repair career. We need food and my mortgage is several months behind and I am now on the brink of foreclosure with Selene Finance. Any help at all for a single dad would be a blessing. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Kids from previous marriage? As far as our list of mortgage programs, maybe there is something that can help you stop the foreclosure.
Darsi wrote:We need food and my mortgage is several months behind and I am now on the brink of foreclosure with Selene Finance. Any help at all for a single dad would be a blessing. Thank you for your time.
W Dubler

Post by W Dubler »

Good morning before deleting this message all I ask if you have a heart please read it to the end. If still reading thank you so much. My name is Armani and the reason for this email is simple. Me and my single dad need help. I am lost and desperate to find some advice and honestly some help. Am 17 years old and I attend carol city high school I am in the tenth grade and I am not proud of that. It takes a longer time for me to learn things and really haven't push myself harder to learn. So, I started reading this book called THE ONLY PERSON YOU CAN LEAD IS YOU. It gave me courage and help me identify with my strengths and weakness and now aim ready for a new year and school and plan on running track.  This email is really for my hero my father has tough on me and sometimes gets on my nerve but he's my best friend and my true love in my life. My single dad took me away from my mom at 3 years old as my mom  abused me and had me in an environment that was unsafe  after my dad made his mind up to move out of downtown Miami. He seen firsthand how life was in over town. He told me how  my granddad raised him the right way. But my dad sold drugs and ran in and out the street for years until in 1996 my dad was shot with his friend 6 times in the stomach and fingers and arms. So,  he got tired of living that life and made a choice and moved away and my mom didn't make no change and still today is stuck in that lifestyle.
In 14 years of my dad taking me my mom  never did nothing for me she would disappear for years and pop up as it was ok. She never came to my school or graduation nothing. As much as I cried, and my heart filled with pain she means nothing to me. So, for years I seen my dad work hard for me but now he is  overweight and has high blood pressure is getting worst. So, I got my dad on a strict diet and helping improve his health and it got bad when our place burned down a year and a half ago and we are homeless. We stayed at hotels and family members house when hotels got expensive we slept in the car. Then two months ago all the money we had saved up 4800 was taken by my dad cozen he worked so hard for doing uber first time I seen my dad cry. I heard him crying in the car and last month he's transmission in his car was no good the cost is 4800 to 6000 dollars which he has no money to fix . All these at the time my single dad made up his mind to go back to school he always told me about all the letters he wrote Orpah, Montel Williams and others. When he was in the hospital while recovering from gunshot wounds cause he wanted his own mentoring program and make relevant moves that can up lifted the youth and that his dream was to spark young minds and flush out this hood mindset the kids have today. I see him every day trying to get a job and dealing with all these stresses is killing him taking care of me. Sorry forgot my brother who is 8 all by himself. So, I am asking begging and hoping someone can assist us cause if I lose my dad I have no one, So again thanks for reading this letter. Miami Fl.