Struggling with bills due to seizures

State and local government assistance programs.
Harvin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling with bills due to seizures

Post by Harvin »

I am Epileptic and need my son to assist me with the household duties. He turns 22 in December. I do have a job but don’t get enough hours to pay rent for a two bedroom apartment, and I am currently in the middle of a divorce from an emotional, verbal, and mentally man. We have been staying with my sister, however her landlord is selling the home we have been in, so we only have until June 30th to find a home or apartment to live in.
My sister can no longer help us as she has her own family to care for. I do have a dog (Chihuahua's) who are well behaved and trained. One is about to be retired as she is old, and we have been training the other to take her place.
I need assistance with first months rent and deposit for my son and I to have safe housing. I am also in the process of applying for SSI because my seizures happen so often I am in danger to drive as well as a liability to employers.
My sister has surgery scheduled for her condition too. I need all of the help I can get as far as having low rent, that I can pay with either my low income job or with SSI should it be granted to me. If you have any suggestions or can help PLEASE call me.
Due to outstanding balances on utilities from my ex-husband I may need help getting basic services hooked up as well. It is nothing fancy, just the necessary needs of power and a phone. My sister does have me on her cell phone plan and will try to keep me having a cell phone for emergencies, however that may also end. I am willing to work or anything I can do to help to get me and my son into a situation that we can live safely, if it is an apartment we do request a bottom floor entry due to the times I am taken by ambulance to the hospital with severe seizures.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Struggling with bills due to seizures

Post by Admin »

If you have seizures, this may qualify you for disability. If so, there are many programs in Illinois that you can apply too. There is even housing in some towns that will charge less rent. So that is quite a list of items you need help with, so you may need to figure out other friends or relatives to live with until you stabilize your situation. There is also Lifeline for the disabled too. Find disability programs in Illinois.
Rudys

Re: Struggling with bills due to seizures

Post by Rudys »

I got an eviction notice today to move out of my duplex. It's 750 a month and the lease is up next month anyways. I work about part time as I have seizures. I get paid weekly about 150-200 a week so I just pay them once a week whatever I can on my paydays and they said that was fine for the lat couple months. We'll all of a sudden it's not and they filed eviction with the court for next week on October 30th.
I'm trying to get approved for another apartment right now too that's cheaper just hoping it goes through. I'm also about 2 months behind on my power bill, 3 months behind on my internet/TV bill and 2 months behind on my phone bill.
I haven't paid my bills all I've done is pay all seizure medication. I can on rent and now they're exciting me I need help on the other bills.
Things will get shut off soon if I can't figure out how to pay power cable my phones and figure out how to move all only making 200 a week.