Free Bus Tickets/Passes

State and local government assistance programs.
BeckyG
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Free Bus Tickets/Passes

Post by BeckyG »

I am a homeless veteran who resides at the Michigan Veterans Foundation/Detroit Veterans Center (transitional housing facility/homeless shelter) in Detroit, Michigan. I would like to learn if there are any resources allow receiving free bus tickets (DOT/Smart) to support job search activity (interviews/getting to & from work). I currently have no income and am trying to establish an income. I received a notification/invitation today to attend an interview; however, I have no way to get there.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Bus Tickets/Passes

Post by Admin »

That is a tough one. Maybe for a bus token try Saint Vincent De Paul. Rarely they will have them. Or maybe a volunteer from that organization will give you a free ride instead for that job interview you have. Find transportation services from St. Vincent.
Merkey

Post by Merkey »

Hi, I came here on a visit and to try to get a job. Now I'm stranded and need a bus ticket to get back home to my family back in South Carolina. Is it anyway Salvation Army can please help me? My phone is even off and I'm using Wi-Fi but someone told me to contact Salvation Army or St. Vincent for a free ticket. I live in Belton, MO.
Mechanic

Post by Mechanic »

I am a professional, graduated from College with an associate degree in legal studies. Unfortunately, I haven't be able to find a job, have student loan debt, homeless and lost my car due to not been able to continue payments. I just have an invitation for a job interview and don't have way to get to the place.
I have been using somebody else car, but don't even have money to put gas on. and a bus ticket costs too much. Desperate, I will probably be homeless living in the street this week, need help I don't know where else to go. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some free transportation programs, most of which offer gasoline vouchers, rides from volunteers, or the like. But a bus pass might be offered too. They do tend to focus on interviews like you said....as there needs to be a purpose for them. Also, rather than living on the streets, try a homeless shelter.
Mechanic wrote: I just have an invitation for a job interview and don't have way to get to the place.
I have been using somebody else car, but don't even have money to put gas on. and a bus ticket costs too much.
HighTider

Post by HighTider »

Homeless, in desperate need of help making car payment and insurance before our car is repossessed. If we loss it then we need a bus ticket to get out of town! Laid off due to a seizure, reaching out to any and all resources in this DESPERATE time of need. If our car is lost we will have absolutely no place to stay or any transportation. That is why the bus ticket is needed, but no money to pay for it. No family or friends who can help, we pray that someone can help us in our crisis. Please.