Looking for a trailer or mobile home

State and local government assistance programs.
Ashley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for a trailer or mobile home

Post by Ashley »

My husband (33) and I (27) have been struggling to make ends meet for over a year now. We are currently living in my mother in laws house. We're having to stay in the un-insulated attic, summer is fast approaching and we're already getting really sick from having to be in the heat all the time. I'm in the process of getting my CNA certificate and my husband works at a local restaurant as a cook. We're really only wanting to get a cheap, livable travel trailer to live in until we can get something better at the end of the year when we will hopefully be in a better place.
Any help or consideration would be so greatly appreciated. Last year we spend a few months living in a tent, and though I'm thankful to my husbands family... it's not acceptable for us to stay here anymore and we're actually considering going back to tent living if we can't get the help we so desperately need. Thank you again.
Wells

Re: Looking for a trailer or mobile home

Post by Wells »

Dear Sir or Madame,
I am a daughter who is a long time resident in Ohio. My mom has been a single mom since I was 2. She raised my brother and I alone since my father died in 1995. We moved into the park as I was entering 3rd grade, 1986 I believe, because she wanted me to have a good education. She worked from the time she graduated high school until she fell ill in 2001. She is living with an Aortic Aneurysm, an advanced stage of Rheumatoid Arthritis, and several other ailments that have manifested themselves since she fell ill. Since then, she has struggled to make ends meet; surviving at $3000.00 below the poverty level with the Social Security allotment she is given.
During her time in Ohio, her mobile home has fallen into disrepair, and she has not been able to afford repairs since falling ill. At this point, the cost of repairs greatly outweighs the worth of the mobile home. She is living with a leaking roof, caving in walls and windows, and disintegrating floors. My mother has been a fighter for as long as I can remember, and has done the best she can my entire life. She has taught me many things, and I owe her so much. That is why it pains me to not be able to help her in the manner in which she deserves. She has raised me to work for what I have; my first job, in fact, was as a lifeguard at the pool. While I have worked my way through college and have a career as a Special Education Teacher in the School District, I am unable to help her in her time of need. I have tried a number of different avenues, and have been turned away for a number of reasons; primarily because she does not own the land her mobile home is on. This is why I am turning to you. You are my last resort to help my mom live the rest of her years in a safe and comfortable manner.
She needs a new mobile home.
Please consider any and all of your resources to assist in getting her a mobile home in which she does not have to worry when it rains or is windy that this may be the day the house falls down around her. She loves the park, she has lifelong friends there. It is her home.
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and for helping in any way you can to give her a better quality of life in the years she has left.
Respectfully and with Kind Regards
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Have you tried your local senior/family support service center? She may be better off in an income based senior apartment if they are available. Most places will not provide a mobile home due to the land being owned.
Jasmine T

Post by Jasmine T »

Hello, I live in Mooringsport Louisiana in a mobile home. I am contacting you to request emergency help paying my utilities and possibly groceries. I am going thru a divorce and also loss my car and job. I have two small children and one of which has epilepsy. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Currently my electric is due to be shut off either today or tomorrow morning. Please contact me as soon as you can and let me know of anything you can do to help my family. You can email me at the above address. Thank you for your time and help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is Caddo Parish, and there are resources there for you. They include food pantries, utility assistance payment plans, and more. If you are going through a divorce, why did you lose job? Now is the time you need to work/reenter workforce to keep mind off turmoil and of course make a few bucks.
Jasmine T wrote:Hello, I live in Mooringsport Louisiana in a mobile home. I am contacting you to request emergency help paying my utilities and possibly groceries. I am going thru a divorce and also loss my car and job. I have two small children and one of which has epilepsy. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.