Newly pregnant and not getting hours at work

State and local government assistance programs.
Ashley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Newly pregnant and not getting hours at work

Post by Ashley »

I am about 2 months behind on my gas and electricity bills and I’m now looking at possibly getting those services shut off. I recently was working at a call center but quit due to personal reason. I am now getting a job at Lifetime with a temp agency I then lost that job after about 3 weeks because they had to let all the temps go.
I was out of work for about 3 weeks until I got a job at a department store but I’m barley getting 15 hours a week and only making minimum wage and I just barley found out that I’m 5 weeks pregnant. I have a 2 year old son. So catching up on these bills is getting to be really hard.
Coper

Re: Newly pregnant and not getting hours at work

Post by Coper »

I am currently almost 12 weeks pregnant with no insurance until Medicaid goes through. I am not feeling well today and should be going to the hospital per the advice of a nurse but I can't afford it. Also I have no home of my own and I am staying with my on and off boyfriend, long story short it was a sublet and the sub letter never gave the landlord our rent so now we are possibly getting evicted.
I have no money, no insurance, and am scared to death about losing a place to stay. I'm sorry if this is long I am just so scared and anxious and keep crying (the hormones are not helping at all). I probably need counseling or a therapist too, maybe to help cope with some issues and what is going on. I didn't know if they have charitable counselors also?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write to you. The rental and medical assistance, therapy assistance, bill paying programs, anything in the tiniest bit would make such a huge difference. I am usually not the one to ask, so I feel bad and embarrassed. I was usually the one at the soup kitchen or volunteering somewhere and somehow my life turned into this mess. I just want me and my baby to be okay and I don't feel good at all and its horrible without Medical coverage or help. Again, I'm so sorry for venting. Thank you again, even if there is nothing that can be done for us, it is honorable to help others. Thanks again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One agency that does focus on pregnant women in Good Samaritan. They may have some basic needs, such as transportation to your medical appointment. Many do arrange counseling, though it may be on a sliding fee scale which means it may not be free unless your income is low enough. So try them for referrals to programs, financial aid and more. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rgenc.html
Eli34

Post by Eli34 »

My family and I need help financially. Especially when it comes to rent and bills. I am at the end of my rope, at the beginning of 2016 things we great we even decided to try and have another baby, and so I was pregnant again. But around March when I conceived, things started going down hill fast. My husband was working only 40 hours a week, you might say "hey that doesn't sound so bad" but 40 hours a week doesn't cover our bills + gas+ groceries and rent. I now have newborn twin girls and 2 boys we already had.
I now have to prioritize my bills like rent and car payment so we don't get kicked out or get our only source or transportation repossessed. And then be late on other bills and have ruined our credit we have worked so hard for, since we were trying to buy a house but never had enough for a down payment or even enough to keep a house since we can barely pay for an apartments rent.
There are 7 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment, my husband and myself, our twin newborn baby girls, my 2 boys ages 4 and 3, and I also take care of my 68 year old mother who lives with me. There is also my pregnant sister, who is new to living with us. I please ask for help only until we can get back on our feet again. Which is soon I hope. We will be forever grateful. Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from someone very soon.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is financial help for pregnant women.
But also, if your employer is discriminating since your newfound pregnancy, that is illegal. Talk to your employer first, and if they are discriminating and still give you a hard time (for no reason), look into a labor attorney.
Tweed

Post by Tweed »

I am a 37 year old single female and newly pregnant with a 13 year old daughter. I just recently had a cut back in my work hours because of my pregnancy and now I am no longer working as was not getting hours. .
I only have until November until my lease is up and I am about 2 months away from that but my issue is I may be receiving an eviction within the next 10 days because I’m not able to pay my rent. I managed to pay my base rent last month but the extra was 200 something left to be paid. So it’s also added to this month.
Which brings my bill to be 1500 something but with late fees it will be more. I’m am asking for some help with the next 2 months of rent help. After that I will be packing and trying to get help to box my things and put them into storage until I can find a safe place me and my daughter until I have my baby and get back to working.
Please help if your able to do so. If you can no please send me in the direction to which I can get assistance. I’ve also tried 211 the numbers they gave were no longer working. I also called around and there was no funding available non-work woman expecting pregnancy. This information was given to me by the front office so his is literally my last option for getting any help. Thank you in advance.