Struggling to get food in California

State and local government assistance programs.
LikeACowboy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling to get food in California

Post by LikeACowboy »

My income has recently gone from about 1800.00 per month cash and 700.00 per month food stamps to just over 400.00 cash and around the same in stamps. We saved up a little and used it these last few months to fall back on but its all gone now and my bills won't get paid this month.
If I pay PGE I won't be able to give anything to rent and if I give it all to rent I will still owe and PGE and water won't get paid.
I get food stamps on the 4th but I’m all out of food now. I have enough top ramen and cereal to last one more day. I have 7 kids of my own 1 granddaughter and 1 adopted the stress was too much for my husband who got up and walked out a week ago. I don’t know what to do any help would be appreciated. I’m in Fresno California.
SEC12

Re: Struggling to get food in California

Post by SEC12 »

Hi I’m a mother of 4 kids. Right know we are economic bad shape. My kids were removed from me since last year but I have try my best to get them back. I see my kids every Friday, Saturday and Sunday on my apartment. I have unmonitored visit with my kids right know. I am not working and I don’t get help form the government rider.
Why I am asking for help is to buy food causes my fridge is empty. Honestly I am barely making it. Please can someone help me with groceries so I can have food for my kids. Thank you I live in Compton California. Thank you and god bless you. Sincerely a needed mom.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

With no job and now welfare how are you making it and even keeping an apartment? Most folks need one or the other.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

I live in Los Angeles, I am injured and unable to work, and I’m also having difficulty moving around to get food. I have a lower back problem. Since I get injured several years ago I have been managing to pay my rent, feed myself, but this year things are little bit rough for me. I am having a rental problem and need to buy the groceries. I wish there is someone out there who can help me pay my rent, $ 1600 for the month of February and March 2016. Please help. Your help will be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While of course you can try your local pantry, there are other food assistance programs in California too. The goods news is this may be the most widely available for of assistance for struggling families. So they can apply for CalFresh, go to soup kitchens, and of course those free food banks. So get out there and try.
ScottBander wrote:I live in Los Angeles California, I am injured and unable to work, and I’m also having difficulty moving around to get food.
Daddy

Post by Daddy »

I have a sixteenth old son and we recently exited a safe house in El Cajon, CA, which gave us food and meals while we lived there. We finally were able to find permanent housing near SDSU. I have no family and it's just me and my son. He's six months old and I lefty abuser and most of my belongs. I just had a few clothes and a few things for him. He is growing quickly and many things none longer fit him. He wears 18-24 months and I am in great need of clothes for him.
We can barely afford our rent or groceries. So and lifelines been tough for us because I had to start all over. I am single and I doing this by myself. If you or any charities could help by giving us some healthy food or produce, it would be greatly appreciated. Again we have nothing and in left when I had the only chance to gain safety and refuge from an abusive partner. I am no longer in in that relationship and he is in jail. Please help. Thank you and Happy Holidays.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Glad to hear you got out of the abusive situation. We are aware of many San Diego County food pantries and have just added some new ones. Since El Cajon is in the county, try them. They may have hot meals, free groceries, and other supplies for you.
Daddy wrote:I have a sixteenth old son and we recently exited a safe house in El Cajon, CA, which gave us food and meals while we lived there. I am single and I doing this by myself. If you or any charities could help by giving us some healthy food or produce, it would be greatly appreciated. Again we have nothing and in left when I had the only chance to gain safety and refuge from an abusive partner. I am no longer in in that relationship and he is in jail. Please help. Thank you and Happy Holidays.