Hungry in Louisiana

State and local government assistance programs.
Shammon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Hungry in Louisiana

Post by Shammon »

For the last 10 years I have been working 2 to 3 jobs to support my family. Husband suffered a massive Heart Attack and left unable to work. It took 4 years to collect SSI and lost everything except our house and put in such a financial ruin it became impossible to live.
I made just a little over limit allowed to receive Food Stamps so working to survive was hurting me. Long story short, we still have just enough money for rent and utilities. Food is minimal and has to get to work has become the priority. Now the car we have which had problems when it was purchased is about to break down to the point of no repair. Can't afford to grocery shop for my family because everything I earn goes to rent, car repairs, gas and utilities.
I need financial help to get food. Also, help for purchasing a car that will be dependable and low on gas. My husband has Dr appointments, and I drive to my jobs in New Orleans Louisiana. I hear there is help for families that are trying to survive on their own but need a little help. Can you please help me find a source of help so I can continue to provide for my family?
sasolis

Re: Hungry in Louisiana

Post by sasolis »

Have you tried downsizing everything to cut expenses? Pantries assist with food. Not sure if there is anywhere that helps with cars. Maybe sell one if you have more than one? Try for local resources.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to the other suggestions, there are many pantries in Louisiana and New Orleans. Some of them can be found here. Also, inquire at the site and ask if there is case management offered to people using the pantry. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html
Tran

Post by Tran »

I would like for you to send me an application, or tell me what the address is to apply for help in Louisiana, in particular with food. The links keeps sending me to ads on the site I have. We are in desperate need of help from more than one of your programs. Please contact me back at the email above at your earliest convenience. Thank you.