Husband in Maryland beat me, and am a domestic violence

State and local government assistance programs.
Shammon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Husband in Maryland beat me, and am a domestic violence

Post by Shammon »

I am writing to request help for locating housing and request special consideration due to the circumstances that have put my children and me at risk of soon becoming homeless.
A short explanation for this request is: On August 8, 2014, my husband of 4 years, assaulted me in front of our children and and I was subsequently taken to the AAMC emergency room and he was arrested on several charges including first degree assault, second degree assault, reckless endangerment, and others.
He has been incarcerated at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center. On August 2014, a plea arrangement was agreed upon and he pleaded guilty to the second degree assault and was sentenced to ten years at the Department of Corrections with all but one year suspended and the other charges being Nolle Prosequi.
I also filed for and was granted an Order of Protection due to the domestic violence, and I have filed for and have been granted sole custody of our children. All of this is documented on Maryland Case Search and I have the hard copy documentation as well.
Recently, I received notice from my landlord that effective May 2015, I must vacate the rental house in Shady Side, MD where my family has been residing since October 2013. This is because the landlord, the owner of the property will be selling the house and leaving the area.
Since receiving the notice, I have been trying to find housing that I can afford with only my income, and have found this to be an impossibility without assistance. I am not asking for much, but need assistance finding housing that will not only provide shelter, but will also be a safe place for my children and myself. Because I have family in Anne Arundel County, primarily in the 21409 area, it would be helpful to be closer to them so my children can be close to family and also if there are any emergencies my family will be able to help us quickly. My employment is in South County which would make it difficult to quickly get to my child(ren) if there is a problem at school.
I have been and am currently employed with a hospital since 2010. I am also in the process of enrolling in the at Anne Arundel Community College, and it is important that I retain my current employment at least until I have completed the program. Once I complete the program, it will be possible to seek employment in that area which will help me be more independent and less likely to need assistance such as your program.
I expect you have more questions regarding my request and I will be happy to talk with you as required.
Thank you for your consideration of my request and look forward to your response what steps I need to take.
Pamela Dyson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Husband in Maryland beat me, and am a domestic violence

Post by Pamela Dyson »

Hello, I'm a single mother of 3 kids living in Maryland. They are 4, 3 and a newborn. I'm not able to return to work until March. I need help with my bills in general but most important to have a roof under my kids head, I became a single mother about 3 months ago. Domestic violence was the reason I decided to go forward with my life as single person. I have a job. I'm and am on maternity leave for 12 weeks. I have no relatives where I live at so no one to help. I wish someone can help me out with my rent situation. May god bless you all.