Roommate attacked and left me with bills and rent due

State and local government assistance programs.
Paula
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Roommate attacked and left me with bills and rent due

Post by Paula »

Do to unforeseen circumstances, my roommates broke lease and left following a brutal and viciously unprovoked attack on myself and my friend. Medical assistance was necessary as well as criminal charges including protection orders do to the severity of the random violent attack this situation has put me so far behind I can't possibly make it without emergency assistance.
I am disabled and single with two children. I have no money for gas, the couple took my snap card without my knowledge and maxed it out. My phone will be turned off any day. I'm facing eviction and power cut offs. I've been to social services and applied for any available assistance but they referred me to nonprofit organizations to get emergency assistance for rent and utilities. I have found new roommates and will be back on track once I get past this nightmare.
I’m scared and mentally as well as physically affected by this traumatic attack and vicious threats on my life, my friends, our families. I just found out my attacker is also a convicted * offender who neglected to register, as well as neglected to inform me. Please help an any way available ASAP. I'm out of money overdrawn accounts, groceries gas for car. They also took what little savings I had along with medications for my disease. This truly is an isolated emergency situation.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Roommate attacked and left me with bills and rent due

Post by Admin »

First of all, get the rent paid. There are places in Jersey City that can help, and they are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
As far as other needs, call the police to report the attack. Sue the roommate for breaching the lease too. Do whatever it takes to be safe, and that often involved the authorities and legal aid in Hudson County. Those non-profits should also have suggestions for you on food, gas, and more.
Paula wrote:Do to unforeseen circumstances, my roommates broke lease and left following a brutal and viciously unprovoked attack on myself and my friend. Medical assistance was necessary as well as criminal charges including protection orders do to the severity of the random violent attack this situation has put me so far behind I can't possibly make it without emergency assistance.
I am disabled and single with two children. I have no money for gas, the couple took my snap card without my knowledge and maxed it out. My phone will be turned off any day. I'm facing eviction and power cut offs. I've been to social services and applied for any available assistance but they referred me to nonprofit organizations to get emergency assistance for rent and utilities. I have found new roommates and will be back on track once I get past this nightmare.
I’m scared and mentally as well as physically affected by this traumatic attack and vicious threats on my life, my friends, our families. I just found out my attacker is also a convicted * offender who neglected to register, as well as neglected to inform me. Please help an any way available ASAP. I'm out of money overdrawn accounts, groceries gas for car. They also took what little savings I had along with medications for my disease. This truly is an isolated emergency situation.