Struggling to get disability approved

State and local government assistance programs.
AndyNorth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling to get disability approved

Post by AndyNorth »

We live in Columbia, SC and in need of some Godly help at this time with our rent and light bill.
We have falling in this need because of me and my health conditions, I lost my sight in 2010 and was pull out of work in 2008 because of other health reasons and have filed for SSN in 2008 and still waiting on good news from them. Yes they have rejected me 4 time in saying age and education, we have hired a lawyer and he's working very hard to help. We do have a 10 year old girl and there's my sweet wife Barbara that does the best she can and try's to take care of me and the house and Geneva.
Since My doctor put me on 15 hour care watch she haven't been able to work and now we are at our end or lowest state and seems like know one here can help or know what to do. So I'm reaching out to God's people asking for help with our (rent and utilities) at this time we are facing disconnecting by Friday at 5:00pm on out lights and rent on the first of the month of $615.00.
I have know idea what you can do to help us, but we are putting our faith in the Lord in believing He will work it out through those whom love Him and even help us get the disability.
Rachel Fight

Re: Struggling to get disability approved

Post by Rachel Fight »

Hi, I live with my boyfriend and our almost 2 year old daughter who is applying for disability. I have two other kids by a previous marriage. They live with their dad but I still have them a lot of the time. He is 28 years old and has very high blood pressure. It always runs between 160/100 or 230/170. He has been in and out of the hospitals. He is taken 5 different kinds of blood pressure medications. He also has had 2 back surgeries in the pass 1 1/2 years. He had a slip disk.
The doctor say in 5 years or less he will need the pins and rods put in, but we are waiting on the state to approve disability for us. With all his health problems he has missed work and we are about to loose everything we have. My car just got taken away. It's in the towing lot and I can't even pay to get that out because we need tags and insurance first. Or rent is 2 weeks pass due and we got a letter saying we have 1-2 weeks to pay rent plus late fee which will be $700 or we are going to get kicked out. We have asked family for help and no one can help us. We don't know what to do. We don't have a car anymore and now we are about to be homeless.
Please if there is anyway that someone can help us out with applying for disability that would be amazing. We would highly be thankful.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Struggling to get disability approved

Post by Admin »

While not always the best or first option, a disability loan may be used. Also try an advocate for advice on the approval process. If you are out of work for 5 years like the doctor said, an advocate may offer advice for that issue. And loans and charities can help you pay the bills as you get help.
Rachel Fight wrote:Hi, I live with my boyfriend and our almost 2 year old daughter who is applying for disability. I have two other kids by a previous marriage. They live with their dad but I still have them a lot of the time. He is 28 years old and has very high blood pressure. It always runs between 160/100 or 230/170. He has been in and out of the hospitals. He is taken 5 different kinds of blood pressure medications. He also has had 2 back surgeries in the pass 1 1/2 years. He had a slip disk.
The doctor say in 5 years or less he will need the pins and rods put in, but we are waiting on the state to approve disability for us. With all his health problems he has missed work and we are about to loose everything we have. My car just got taken away. It's in the towing lot and I can't even pay to get that out because we need tags and insurance first. Or rent is 2 weeks pass due and we got a letter saying we have 1-2 weeks to pay rent plus late fee which will be $700 or we are going to get kicked out. We have asked family for help and no one can help us. We don't know what to do. We don't have a car anymore and now we are about to be homeless.
Please if there is anyway that someone can help us out with applying for disability that would be amazing. We would highly be thankful.