Elderly and senior care in North Carolina

State and local government assistance programs.
Chanelle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Elderly and senior care in North Carolina

Post by Chanelle »

I'm writing from Georgia - but was living in Cleveland, NC with an elderly woman who turned 75 today - and her vision is almost gone. She has a daughter and son who live in Nashville, TN, but for whatever reason, they haven't checked in to any benefits for their Mother. She is on Medicaid but that is all, I believe. The problem is - at her age, and her vision failing, and she lives alone, she really needs someone there or at least to check in with her from day to day to make sure she is okay and has food. She isn't bed ridden and still does her own laundry but I just feel she needs some additional assistance - for example, someone to go get her groceries, to remind her to pay her bills, and general housekeeping.
I have been looking on the different state/federal websites to see what, if any, additional assistance she might could get. So that is why I wanted to contact you guys - to see if you all have an office that handles this for an elderly person with no one to help them. I have never had to contact any elderly assistance office so I have no idea who to call.
I talked to her today and told her that I was going to try to talk to a few places and give them her home number so she can speak with someone directly.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Elderly and senior care in North Carolina

Post by Admin »

This is a very confusing request as you mention so many states. Anyhow, maybe look into senior care from agency on aging centers, which are noted here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
They would definitely have resources targeted at your 75 year old mom. A nurse and/or care giver can check in with her, give her the assistance she needs, and provide help. As far as the food, there is also Meals on Wheels for the elderly, so that service can take care of her nutrition.
Chanelle wrote:I'm writing from Georgia - but was living in Cleveland, NC with an elderly woman who turned 75 today - and her vision is almost gone. She has a daughter and son who live in Nashville, TN, but for whatever reason, they haven't checked in to any benefits for their Mother. She is on Medicaid but that is all, I believe. The problem is - at her age, and her vision failing, and she lives alone, she really needs someone there or at least to check in with her from day to day to make sure she is okay and has food. She isn't bed ridden and still does her own laundry but I just feel she needs some additional assistance - for example, someone to go get her groceries, to remind her to pay her bills, and general housekeeping.
I have been looking on the different state/federal websites to see what, if any, additional assistance she might could get. So that is why I wanted to contact you guys - to see if you all have an office that handles this for an elderly person with no one to help them. I have never had to contact any elderly assistance office so I have no idea who to call.
I talked to her today and told her that I was going to try to talk to a few places and give them her home number so she can speak with someone directly.