Minimum wage doesn't cover my bills

State and local government assistance programs.
JohnChandler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Minimum wage doesn't cover my bills

Post by JohnChandler »

My rent is coming up and I have a backed up light bill I’m trying to pay off so I wont be in the cold. I don’t get paid but minimum wage of $7.25 and don’t make but 20 -23 hours a week. It is enough to pay my light bill and get little personal items I need.
But I need help this month before the 1st of December to pay my rent. It cost $525.00 to pay my rent. I’m serious is their anyway someone can help me please. I work at Sonics drive in. My phone is currently off and I need help. I have to walk to work by foot and it takes me 30 minutes and don’t walk that much. My old men left so I’m in a bind right now and looking for more ways that I can just save I just need to get caught up.
Double Chin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Minimum wage doesn't cover my bills

Post by Double Chin »

I apologize before hand for asking but I have been having some major issues with my mail which has caused me to have so many other issues. For example I never received a letter from DHS & it caused me not to get my kids food stamps. I don't even get my utility bills which caused my electricity to get cut off yesterday, and it's how we keep warm. My electricity bill is 698.43 and I know I can't pay that as I only make minimum wage. I have 4 kids in the household with me.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

I could believe the DHS being an issue but you do know you have a electric bill every month and if it doesn't show up when you would normally pay it then it would be your responsibility to call them and pay it. Maybe get a PO box to solve your mail issue? Call the electric company and see if they will work with you, offer up something and see if they will put you on a payment plan.
Ajai

Post by Ajai »

My electric is due to be shut off today December 11th 2017. I am also a couple months behind on rent. I have two children, daughter age 5 in kindergarten and son age 2. But I only have a minimum wage job. I am also needing help with Christmas for them.
I work part time and apply for new full time jobs everyday. I have tried to do this on my own but I keep coming up short. My electric bill is severely past due which is the only source of heat in our home. That bill is around $700.
My rent that is due. I owe 1100 in back rent. I keep paying what I can and have been threatened with an eviction. I am at a loss and have no where to turn. My family and friends are barely making it our they would have already helped.