Everything for a single parent

State and local government assistance programs.
Brady12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Everything for a single parent

Post by Brady12 »

Hi,
I cannot find the kind of help I need. I am a single, white, college-educated female with two kids. I am one of the 1.8 million long-term unemployed who recently and abruptly had UI benefits cut off. I have run through savings and have ZERO money coming in. I don't need food or utility assistance.
I can go to food banks and utilities are included in my rent. I need financial assistance to pay for my health insurance policy. I have a chronic illness and if I lose this policy and can't pay for meds and care, I will wind up in the hospital again. I need gas money, Internet, help with cell phone, car insurance, rent (I DO NOT want to wait for an eviction notice!). In other words, I need money for the necessities to even LOOK for a job!
Please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Everything for a single parent

Post by Admin »

There are some resources that focus on single moms, so try those for help. You can also try Affordable Health Care Act plans, go to a job training center as the economy is very strong, and use a food pantry among other things. So there are many things even single parts can do on their own to improve their situation.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

Hello, I would like some additional information about programs and grants available to me for assistance with utilities, rent, food and medical assistance in the Wilmington North Carolina area as a single parent. I will be having an extensive back surgery in the very near future which will put me out of work for 6-12 months as per my physician. I will qualify for short term disability from my employer which will be approximately 60% of my salary, however that will only be for 2 months with long term disability payments at 50% of my salary for an additional 2-3 months then no income after that. I will then have to pay for my health benefits out of pocket along with copayment and medications. Anything that I a single parent may be eligible for and contact information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are going to miss 12 months, and are a single parent and ALREADY behind, you need to take drastic action. Maybe move in with family or a roommate to share expenses. Also be sure to apply for disability if missing 12 months of work, and here are Wilmington NC assistance programs.
ScottBander wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:28 am Hello, I would like some additional information about programs and grants available to me for assistance with utilities, rent, food and medical assistance in the Wilmington North Carolina area as a single parent. I will be having an extensive back surgery in the very near future which will put me out of work for 6-12 months as per my physician.
Brice1

Post by Brice1 »

Hello,
My name is Daniela, I am 27 years old. I am currently homeless with my three kids and parents and I myself am a single parent. I got a temporary job and was able to find of afford a hotel room. I've been there with my children and parents. All my money that I receive goes to the hotel. I currently overdraft my bank account to try to survive somehow. It's been so hard, stressful, and overwhelming at times. I try to stay strong for my parents and children. There's times I just want to quit and run away. I have so much going on right now. At times I feel so depressed, I really don't have no one to talk to and it's hard. I was reading on your page that you guys help people in need and I need everything!
I was wondering maybe if I can get some resources from you guys right now for everything! I don't have no food to give to my kids right now. I am stressing out because I don't have money for the hotel for next week. I am behind on my car note because I have no money left over. If it's not one thing it's another. It has been raining on me really hard. I need your help please. If there's any way that you guys can help me in any way I would really appreciate and be thankful I am in need of help ASAP. I live in California and I will give you my phone number if you guys have any concerns or question. I will be Soo thankful if I can get a tiny bit of help as an single parent and I hope to hear from  you soon thank you so much for your time and consideration. God bless you. Have a wonderful day.