Caregiving for my mom and grandmother

State and local government assistance programs.
Thompson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Caregiving for my mom and grandmother

Post by Thompson »

Hi,
I'm writing to see who can I talk to about my mother getting some type of financial help with caring for my grandmother. My mother and grandmother lives in Birmingham Alabama and she has been taking care of my grandmother for years and a friend of mine said my mother could get some type of assistance with caring for my disabled grandmother. My mother does not work and she is currently going through the process of getting her social security so this would be her only source of income.
Will you please tell me who I need to talk to if this is possible?
Coastal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Caregiving for my mom and grandmother

Post by Coastal »

Hello, my name is Dianne. My best friends, Maureen, Coleen and Bernadette O'Brien, all recommended that I contact Catholic Charities for possible assistance with past due rent and a critically past due PSE&G bill. My 79 year old mother and I reside at The Fairways in Blackwood, NJ. I am my mother's sole, full time caregiver.
I have applied for assistance from the Camden County COVID Rental Assistance program (or Camden County RECOVERS) with the help of the good people at Senior Citizens United Community Services in Audubon. However, my 79 year old mother and I already have an eviction notice and I had a Superior Court Zoom hearing yesterday. The management company agreed to a settlement for 30 days. I paid rent for the month of August, plus an additional $250.00, yesterday. The remaining balance of back rent of approximately $2,500 must be paid on or before 9/3/2023 or they will proceed with the eviction. I am very anxious as I have never been in this position before; my mother and I are both suffering from serious health conditions; and I have no idea whether we will receive help from Camden County RECOVERS in time. If we do not, we have no one to turn to and nowhere to go and would be homeless. A mother, her caregiver and us...homeless.
Please let me know if you need any additional information and/or if Catholic Charities can be of assistance so someone caregiving for their mom.
Thank you in advance for your attention to my inquiry.