Welfare office is closed

State and local government assistance programs.
Tiesto
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Welfare office is closed

Post by Tiesto »

I have a 7 year old daughter and husband. His job isn't giving him any work for 2 weeks now and we had to leave our apartment as it was an illegal apartment. We could have stayed but landlord trashed it and ruined so much of our stuff and stuff was stolen so we left and living out of our car. We sleep at friends houses.
I don't work and am trying hard to find a job. My husband and I exhausted our unemployment benefits and he can't get more as he was not at this job long enough. The first time he worked the for a few months and was late one time and was fired for 2 weeks.
Now we don't know what's going on bit because of that he can't get unemployment and we are almost out of our savings and bank in the negative. We need help ASAP please and welfare is closed today. This all happened last week.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welfare office is closed

Post by Admin »

So go to the welfare office tomorrow. What is the big deal? It takes weeks to get approved for public aid anyway. It is your fault for waiting to the last possible moment, and that is irresponsible of you. That lack of responsibility will not help you claim/application for welfare. Long story short, go to the office tomorrow. Not really sure what else you want us to tell you. Here is information on welfare and public aid per state.
Tiesto wrote:I have a 7 year old daughter and husband. His job isn't giving him any work for 2 weeks now and we had to leave our apartment as it was an illegal apartment. We could have stayed but landlord trashed it and ruined so much of our stuff and stuff was stolen so we left and living out of our car. We sleep at friends houses.
I don't work and am trying hard to find a job. My husband and I exhausted our unemployment benefits and he can't get more as he was not at this job long enough. The first time he worked the for a few months and was late one time and was fired for 2 weeks.
Now we don't know what's going on bit because of that he can't get unemployment and we are almost out of our savings and bank in the negative. We need help ASAP please and welfare is closed today. This all happened last week.
SHAY EVANS

Post by SHAY EVANS »

Hi,
My daughter and her son, have reached beyond the 5 year welfare limit and Social Services is no longer paying her rent or bills. Her current rent will run out on March 31, 2019. Currently, she has no place to go. We have a couple months to find a place to go and welfare is closed to her when she hit the limit. She is disabled and has been working to get on SSD for a couple years, but not approved yet. We have applied for affordable housing in Trenton and Princeton but have not been accepted yet.
They currently live in Red Oaks Manor Apartments in Hamilton NJ.
Can you help me figure out what to do?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hamilton is in Mercer County. There are assistance programs for that county, as noted here. Try them for food, rent help, public aid and more. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogr2.html
SHAY EVANS wrote:They currently live in Red Oaks Manor Apartments in Hamilton NJ.
Can you help me figure out what to do?
Cassie_Smith

Post by Cassie_Smith »

To Whom It May Concern,
I am 23 years old, a full time student, working part-time, and recently found out I am pregnant and now need welfare. My parents are divorcing and recently told me I would have to find my own place to live. One major issue that concerns me about my eligibility for assistance is the fact that my parents claimed me on last year's tax return. I'm afraid that will greatly affect my eligibility even though I do not receive any financial assistance from them. I would like to receive some information about possible welfare programs to help with rent and food assistance given my circumstances. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure how it works with the tax return issue you mention. Just try to stay in school no matter what and get an educations - critical in today's day and age. Find other information on the welfare public assistance in New Jersey.
Cassie_Smith wrote:To Whom It May Concern,
I am 23 years old, a full time student, working part-time, and recently found out I am pregnant and now need welfare. My parents are divorcing and recently told me I would have to find my own place to live. One major issue that concerns me about my eligibility for assistance is the fact that my parents claimed me on last year's tax return. I'm afraid that will greatly affect my eligibility even though I do not receive any financial assistance from them. I would like to receive some information about possible welfare programs to help with rent and food assistance given my circumstances. Thank you for your time.