Page 1 of 1

Help for a single mom friend

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:54 pm
by Gamer
I know a single mother with 2 children, ages 2 and 5, in need of housing, but has bad credit and nobody will take her. She has a job and can pay rent, but has been bouncing around from family members & friends without stability for her children. She also lost her Title 20 coverage and is really struggling right now. Are there any agencies you can recommend that will help her?
I don't know her income or anything, but I do know she is trying really hard, and I hate seeing her kids living in such an unstable environment. Any information that you can provide me, that I can pass on to her would be provided. Because she works, she just doesn't have the time to do the research required so I'm trying to help out, at least in that aspect. Thank you again!!

Re: Help for a single mom friend

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:37 pm
by Allanon
We often recommend a combination of government aid and non-profits for single moms. Usually children, such as her two, can get help from the county or state she lives in. Then non-profits may support the mom with credit and job services. So using all these resources will usually be the best solution. Locate more information on government programs.

Re: Help for a single mom friend

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:58 am
by LaurenD
I really need assistance with my bills as a single mom. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom apartment for low income families. I get food stamps and $129 child support. So if you could please help me. I'm not working under Dr's care. My lights has been off for 2 months and so has my water. I take breathing treatments every day and I need air to breathe. So please help me. Thanks in advance.