Parents are in bad shape

State and local government assistance programs.
DSmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Parents are in bad shape

Post by DSmith »

My parents are going through a terrible time. My mother has advanced heart failure, emphysema, bi polar, COPD and has been in and out of the hospital for years. She has applied for disability and has not been able to get it. My father worked as a machinist for over 35 years at the same company and the company went bankrupt a year ago and has forced him on unemployment. He gets 350.00 a week and this ends very soon.
They lost there house to foreclosure and have been living in a tiny apartment. My mother got diagnosed yesterday with cancer and today my father tried to hurt himself. They live off of 1,700 a month. Today they got an eviction notice. Please help us in any way you can or pin us to a direction where someone will help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parents are in bad shape

Post by Admin »

Sounds like they are going through a difficult period. There are programs that help seniors. Also, if your mom was diagnosed, she should apply for disability. But it could take months before any assistance starts up. If your father is trying to commit suicide (?) they dial an emergency hotline too. HE needs professional help ASAP. But in the meantime, find the social services for senior citizens.
DSmith wrote:My parents are going through a terrible time. My mother has advanced heart failure, emphysema, bi polar, COPD and has been in and out of the hospital for years. She has applied for disability and has not been able to get it. My father worked as a machinist for over 35 years at the same company and the company went bankrupt a year ago and has forced him on unemployment. He gets 350.00 a week and this ends very soon.
They lost there house to foreclosure and have been living in a tiny apartment. My mother got diagnosed yesterday with cancer and today my father tried to hurt himself. They live off of 1,700 a month. Today they got an eviction notice. Please help us in any way you can or pin us to a direction where someone will help.
Kenna

Re: Parents are in bad shape

Post by Kenna »

We are disabled parents and have major health problems. We get 1045.00 a month to pay for everything. My husband has c.o.p.d and we have to go 100 miles round trip about every week. So far since January we have gone 6 times and only have gotten a 10.00 gas card.
We are behind on phone bill, light bill will so be past due. We need to order our medications. But do not have money to pay for them. My car is a 1998 Lumina and I am afraid it will soon go out I have had it since 2002. Our insurance for our cars is coming up and I do not know how we will pay all of this. Can you please help us? We live in Jacksonville.