Funds are limited from community action in Virginia

State and local government assistance programs.
FreddieMac2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Funds are limited from community action in Virginia

Post by FreddieMac2 »

We are quite behind on our rent and utilities. The landlord has been very kind to us, but I don't know how much longer they can hold out for rent. My husband has been looking for a job for several months and we are trying to survive on my disability check of about $450 month. Not even enough to pay rent, let alone anything else.
We are behind by $3,900. People Inc. of SWVA say they might be able to help us with the last 3 months, but that's only $1,500, we have to find help to pay the previous $2,000+. Is there any way we can get some help to pay this. We have gone to our church, but unfortunately, the benevolence committee cannot seem to come to an agreement whether they are able to help us or not. We asked them for help over 2 months ago and still haven't received an answer from them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Funds are limited from community action in Virginia

Post by Admin »

If a community action agency is willing to give you $1500, then you should be doing back flips. That is incredible. It is so rare to get that kind of rent or utility help, but then you ask for even more? The job market is super strong, and your husband must obviously be doing something wrong if he can't find a job in that time timeframe. What about unemployment in Virginia too? Anyway, if you insist, try a community action agency, and more information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _agen.html
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

Hello.
I live in Woodbridge Virginia and I would like some information about how to get assistance in paying my bills, I need to pay my car, rent, car insurance and other bills. This is an emergency, I have been calling the companies to extend my due date, but I still don't have the money and I don't know what to do.
Please help me find the solution on how to get some help in paying my bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Woodbridge is in Prince Williams County. The community action agency often works with Social services, so between the two of them maybe they have options for you. But even if they can help, they will not assist with car payments and/or insurance. So you will need to seek money from other sources for that.
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

I'm writing you at community action in regards to needing help. I haven't been able to pay my rent for 6 months due to constant headaches, 24-7 surgery in and out of the hospital. I live with pathways program in Fairfax and recently my car that gets me to the doctors and back has a broken fuel pump and broken fuel line. I got carbon monoxide poisoning from that.
It is stuck at St. Timothy's church in Chantilly Virginia. I desperately need help from community action with some things like this. I need to get to my physical therapy into my doctors and that 3 times 4 times a week right now so that I can try to recover from the headaches. I need help getting the car towed to my house so that it doesn't get towed away. I don't know what to do.