I need more than just food stamps and govenrment aid

State and local government assistance programs.
CharleD
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I need more than just food stamps and govenrment aid

Post by CharleD »

Hello, I am in need of help. I have spoke with a lady named at the Manna house who helped me with food. I receive disability and food stamps, but it is not enough. I have 5 children, 2 have been taken in while the mother is incarcerated. (I have never met her). The other 2 are my biological kids their dad passed away. I find that things are getting very hard. I can explain more, I now want to get to the point. I have until the 11th of this month. I have to chose between rent and my lights. I will have 200 dollars which is not enough for either but enough to maybe cut a deal. My utility bill is 378 (high) and my rent is 585. Please help me or direct me I am very afraid my kids will be homeless. I can prove my hard ships. Also, in November I started working at Red lobster as a line cook, but the hours vary and the hours are few.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I need more than just food stamps and govenrment aid

Post by Admin »

The fact you started working should help in any application process, but funds are very limited, especially in New Jersey. Why are your utilities #378? That is ridiculous, especially if you are struggling. You use a blanket to keep warm, turn up or off AC, turn off and disconnect electronics, etc. That is very poor management and not responsible. However, you can go ahead and try to apply for aid in New Jersey, and there are several other benefits to try in additional to food stamps. Read more.
MorganGold

Post by MorganGold »

I live in Pompano Beach FL 33060.
I have call nearly all the numbers on your website for housing assistance and I was either told my family doesn't meet the requirements or they don’t have funding. 211 Broward informed me that my income is to low for any services and they don't have hotel vouchers.
I am a mother of three children 8, 5, 1. My husband works 40 hours a week at 8.00hr. I have lost my job but receive cash assistance. I need help. My children need school clothes and we can't afford diapers and to pay childcare and hotel cost. Are there any other options that you can inform me about are there relocation funding to move to a better city with more well paying jobs? Please any advice would help. Thanks in advance.
T. Radwansaka

Post by T. Radwansaka »

I'm looking for assistance to keep a roof over my kids head and to increase our allotment of food stamps. My husband has been out of work for three months (he's still looking). I only bring home 400 dollars every 2 weeks. I receive food stamps to keep my kids fed.
I'm behind on my rent, and every other bill. I have a 10 year old with asthma and a 6 six year old that's being tested for ADHD. I have nowhere to go if I lose this house and do not want to live on streets can you, the government, please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other hunger prevention programs out there...not just NSAP food stamps. Try that. We have them listed here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Some of them are USDA commodities, there are soup kitchens, and other forms of help too. They can often be combined together to really "ramp up" to feed people.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

I need help buying food, after paying my bills I have about $10 for food.
I get snap benefits in the amount of $23, and the government aid is not enough.
Last year I had a car accident and insurance totaled my car.
That car was paid off. My replacement car is $244.75 a month. I'd be doing great if I didn't have that car payment.
Ever month it's the same. I pay my bills due from the 1st to the 10th then I'm broke till the 3rd of the following month disability benefits. Which leaves me needing more for groceries that just food stamps allows.
The car loan company is charging me 10% interest. I have great credit but little income.
If I could get an interest free loan to refinance that would be great.
United healthcare give me $205 a month, 150.00 of that goes to utilities. The rest pays for a few groceries and OTC items such as eye drops and vitamins.
If there is anything you can help me get food and government aid I'd appreciate it.