Behind due to short term medical disability

State and local government assistance programs.
Realsimple
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind due to short term medical disability

Post by Realsimple »

I have become temporarily but partially disabled due to an injury. I have gotten assistance as far as a cane and shower stall handles. I have not been able to work, but have not been able to work to my full capacity.
We are 3 months behind in our mortgage and at risk of losing our home. We cannot pay our utility bills on time and have been hit with a deposit fee of 600.00 all in the month of July. We are in dire need of help with our electric bill due to this deposit and cannot pay for food on a weekly basis.
This is a temporary situation. We are hoping to get back on track. Any help would be welcome as this is an urgent situation. We have already tried to apply for food stamps, and were turned down. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Behind due to short term medical disability

Post by Admin »

It takes months to apply for disability in North Carolina or any state. So it is not a form of short term relief. But you may want to start the process just in case your issue turns out to be something more long term. Also, many utility companies provide financial aid for the disabled, so try them. Or contact a charity in your region if you need urgent help. Read more disability help in North Carolina.
Direct1

Re: Behind due to short term medical disability

Post by Direct1 »

I am the provider for my family of 5. We are forced to have a single income household because my wife stays home to care for our special needs son. I recently have been put on short term disability with my job due to an injury. And now we are facing financial hardship. If there is any programs, organizations out there that can help, it would be a blessing.