Recovering from a recent job loss

State and local government assistance programs.
tesla
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recovering from a recent job loss

Post by tesla »

Since I was laid off nearly two years ago, we have struggled with our bills and have even resorted to paying our rent in bi-weekly installments with the associated late fee. I recently obtained part-time employment as a night watchman, but that doesn't put a dent in our finances. We are desperate and need assistance as soon as possible. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
Ann Marie

Re: Recovering from a recent job loss

Post by Ann Marie »

I am currently working less than 30 hours a week and had to take my 16 year old nephew in December due to personal reasons and the bills have been overwhelming due chemo treatments back in the fall. Then the weather causing my bills to more than double and my rent fell behind last month. I still owe 580.00 for last and 745.00 for this month that was due on the 3rd as I also lost my job. My landlord is calling and texting me threatening for me to leave or pay immediately and I just need to get some type of help on rent to calm him own until my next paycheck. Is there anyone that could assist with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you increase your hours back up to 40? Maybe apply for child care in Nevada, as that can help provide while you work more hours. But if you are really struggling with rent and need a new (or better) job, then a community action agency may be your best bet. They offer rent help, or may try to talk to your landlord to give you more time. Locate all of the community action services in Nevada..
Michelle berryhill

Post by Michelle berryhill »

Hello
I am in need of help to pay my rent and utility bills due to a recent job loss. I am on PIPP+ and recently had half of my income for my family stop. We are currently living on $798 A MONTH and our rent is $624. Our utilities were lowered to $43 each per month but we don't have that after paying mortgage. Is there any grants available to help one time with property taxes, rent and bills? We have 3 kids and our income is only $9,000 per year right now. No one can live on this. We do receive food stamps.
Any help or direction is truly appreciated.