My Missouri disability benefits are too low

State and local government assistance programs.
Audrey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My Missouri disability benefits are too low

Post by Audrey »

Sadly, I find myself in a desperate situation. My only income is the SSDI check I receive every month. Unfortunately, I was forced to move out of my dilapidated and dingy, but affordable apartment a few months ago because the new owner/landlord was renovating the property. The cost of moving to another apartment was expensive which depleted my meager savings account.

Not only has my rent increased substantially, but I have become behind in paying for my other monthly expenses. I have applied for assistance from state programs. Unfortunately, I am ineligible because my income from SSDI is $12 over the monthly limit to qualify for SNAP or DFA.

I need help paying my rent and utility bills. Since some of my expenses are automatically deducted from my checking account, it is now overdrawn by $500. My next SSDI will be deposited on July 25, but the overdraft deductions will take almost half of that check. Consequently, I won't ever be able to catch up with my monthly expenses own my own. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My Missouri disability benefits are too low

Post by Admin »

Disability was never intended to pay all of someone's bills or cover all needs. You more than likely need to look for supportive housing in the state, move in with friends, etc. SSDI is a very cash limited program that is not the end in itself. But find some of the other disability resources in Missouri.
Berman

Re: My Missouri disability benefits are too low

Post by Berman »

Missouri
Need help with food and getting electric turned on my son is disabled and he moved in to house in November. He was supposed to switch it in to his name, he does not understand things clearly, when he went to switch out they shut it off has been off ever since saying he was trying to use someone else's utilities.
He was shot in the head three years ago. I live in Springfield and have since lost my home because I was up here helping him. Please someone help us we either need service here turned on or we would like help getting to Springfield and help with a temporary housing. I still have my job there just no place to go when we get there and no way to get there from Kansas city.